UKC

Literal translation

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jcw 19 Jul 2015
Following on from the couloir of taste, the following excerpts from the Google translation of a newer rewrite of this route might encourage some to try it

CROZZON BRENTA 3135m - PILLAR OF FRENCH
LENGTH: 1000m development DIFFICULTY : VI
Shredders: Jean Dominique Leprince-Ringuet Frehel and August 4, 1965
ATTACK: slightly to the left of the fireplace place at the top of the snow cone.
L1 - Go up parallel to the fireplace, then fold into this, stopping a few meters to the left...
L11 - Enter the dihedral formed by the end of the roof ladder...
L13 - Sit in easy dihedral to bow out to the left as this allows it...
L15 - Navigate to the left until meeting a nail, just after he meets another, by this climb vertically on logical path. (50 / 55m. Many nails, stop on hourglass spike +, V +)
L19 - traverse long numerous stops and nails. ...NOT LETTING FOOLED BY THE PRESENCE OF A PARK AT THE BASE OF A YELLOW DIEDRO overhanging ABOUT HALF 'SHOOTING. (55m, numerous nails and stops, rest on two nails, V)
L20 - In large exposure is skewed a bit to the right and then follow the most logical path, along the shooting meet one friend stuck...
DESCENT: .... In this last stretch it is also possible, if free of snow and ice, go up the canal before crossing the channel leading to the fixed rope, will meet the little men as you climb, instead of its base you may not notice anything. It soon reaches the Cima Tosa and little men and always following the path you will come to a vertical wall, from which 1 or 2 doubles lead to the path..
I realize that this description is quite coarse, but it is difficult to relate better to the route of descent as its length, the many ups and downs, the presence of numerous stone figures...
 Duncan Beard 22 Jul 2015
In reply to jcw:

Like it.

I tried Google translate on some Picos de Europa route descriptions in Spanish. The phrase I liked best out of it was something like "Continue butting gutters..." They also seemed to have fireplaces on the mountains there. No parks though!
 John2 23 Jul 2015
In reply to Duncan Beard:

I remember the account in the local newspaper of the rescue of a friend who broke his leg while climbing the Monch on skis. The Google translation contained the phrase 'six British mounted the monk'.
 NottsRich 23 Jul 2015
Equipment:
• Glacier security equipment
Everything for ice (ice axes, pins, dead body ...) some nuts and friends, eventually peaks.

From a google translation of a Camp-to-Camp route description on les Droites...

It gives me a mental image of humping up some ice ramp with a body over one shoulder, a few friends trailing behind, and packet of peanuts in one hand. Probably not quite what it means!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...