UKC

The longest name for a route?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 paulh.0776 20 Jul 2015
Just browsing the Yorkshire Limestone guide and came across "Catholic High School Girls in Trouble" (E3,, Attermire Scar) and started wondering if this is the longest name for a route in the UK, coming in at a whopping 32 letters......anyone beat that?
 Scott Quinn 20 Jul 2015
In reply to paulh.0776:

That e5 at the roaches Clive coolhead

"Clive Coolhead Realises the Excitement of Knowing You May be the Author of Your Own Death is More Intense Than Orgasm."

Ramblin dave 20 Jul 2015
In reply to paulh.0776:

Easy slate sport:
'Those who climb clearly marked projects are the kind of people who would steal the chocolate bar from a kid's lunch box - selfish tossers - who owe the bolt fund cash'
 whenry 20 Jul 2015
In reply to paulh.0776:

"Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before" - E5 6b, Symonds Yat.
OP paulh.0776 20 Jul 2015
In reply to scott quinn:

LOL ....I guess that'll be the longest one..
OP paulh.0776 20 Jul 2015
In reply to cfer:

ok very good....so with the exception of "A route" "B route" etc whats the shortest?
 GridNorth 20 Jul 2015
In reply to paulh.0776:

> ok very good....so with the exception of "A route" "B route" etc whats the shortest?

Om at Stoney Middleton was the first route that sprang into my mind.

Al
 Jon Stewart 20 Jul 2015
In reply to GridNorth:

I (M)
 BenedictIEP 20 Jul 2015
In reply to whenry:

It's Doesn't beat yours but, "How Many People who have Worked in Ellis Brighams In Manchester have ever been out on a hill?" jumped immediately to mind.
 Doug 20 Jul 2015
In reply to paulh.0776:

what was the route on Gogarth called which started '15 men on a dead man's chest .....' (or has it now been shortened ?)
 cfer 20 Jul 2015
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Not related to the op but the next route after that is 'light fantastic' the name of a terry pratchett book

Anymore with his book titles as names or any other books?

I can see a literary list coming on
 GridNorth 20 Jul 2015
In reply to Jon Stewart:

I think we have a winner. I think I'll rename one of my routes and call it " . "

Al
 Simon Caldwell 20 Jul 2015
In reply to paulh.0776:

> whats the shortest?

No Name (S 4b)
 petenebo 20 Jul 2015
In reply to paulh.0776:

I recall being impressed by the inventiveness of 'Bimbo the exploding lorry drivers' gulch eliminate' or summat like it, at Staden.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...