UKC

musical instrument progress

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gribble 21 Jul 2015
Last year Wilkie14c started a thread about playing one tune on a chosen instrument
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=604659&v=1#x7945186

And how are we all going with this?! I have finally set the target of Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring. It makes my fingers hurt, but should be worth it. Anyone else hit/surpassed their aims?
 Rob Naylor 21 Jul 2015
In reply to gribble:

Missed seeing the original thread. I play a bit of guitar, mostly acoustic, but not that well. Things like Albatross and Wish You Were Here that others mentioned I can play pretty well. Do them at open mics occasionally with a couple of mates. But I'm really struggling with this Edgar Cruz arrangement:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hiwj63YeFqk&

I have the Cruz DVD and have got bits of it down, but reckon it's really a retirement project to get the whole thing down pat.

I'm pleased though that during this current trip to Russia I've actually managed to learn a Russian song. Played it in public last week and the locals loved it....probably more for the novelty of a foreigner singing a Russian song than the technical accomplishment, though the guitar part is rather easy:

youtube.com/watch?v=pEm0Eha4wyk&
 Siward 22 Jul 2015
In reply to Rob Naylor:

This is my (hopefully before retirement!) project

youtube.com/watch?v=xo1aft5wX6o&

One amongst many in fact but it would be nice to have it beat. Nowhere near yet, alas...
 Rob Naylor 22 Jul 2015
In reply to Siward:

Nice...hope you get that one sorted!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...