UKC

Car hire prices - Alicante

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BarrySW19 22 Jul 2015
I hired a car to use for 5 days climbing in Alicante last year for €125 but looking at the same company (Sixt) this year the quotes are €200 (for the same time of year). I know last year I did book just a month in advance while I'm now looking to book four months in advance - does anyone know if prices tend to fall closer to the date or is there simply more demand this year and prices are up?

Also, if anyone has any recommendations for cheaper, good companies I'd be happy to hear.
Removed User 22 Jul 2015
In reply to BarrySW19:

Whatever you do, avoid Goldcar.
 spenser 22 Jul 2015
In reply to BarrySW19:

My mates from uni tend to use Lara cars, I think the prices are meant to be pretty reasonable. You pick the cars up and drop them off in the airport car park. The cars are typically Seat Ibizas or similar.
I hope you're getting out a decent amount at the minute!
 spartacus 22 Jul 2015
In reply to Removed Usersimongwyn:
Seconded, about 200 euros in 'extras' like fuel and insurance.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 22 Jul 2015
In reply to BarrySW19:

Try a search with rentalcars.com - they don't use the cowboy companies but check the rest for the best price,

Chris
 tmawer 22 Jul 2015
In reply to BarrySW19:

Try "Do You Spain", they search a good number of companies and you can narrow your choices from the range offered depending on what you want eg. full/full option.
OP BarrySW19 22 Jul 2015
In reply to Aztec Bar:

> Seconded, about 200 euros in 'extras' like fuel and insurance.

Yeah, at least with the big companies like Sixt you only end up paying the up front price (though using an external company to cover the insurance excess is still necessary).
OP BarrySW19 22 Jul 2015
In reply to spenser:

> I hope you're getting out a decent amount at the minute!

Yeah, about 8 trips this year planned - although the great British weather seems to be working hard to prevent me actually climbing. Not seen you at anything LMC recently - you coming on any trips?
 spenser 23 Jul 2015
In reply to BarrySW19:

I've been back up in Newcastle all summer, it's not been particularly practical to get to any of the areas where meets are going on unfortunately. I'll be moving to Derby in September so may make it to some stuff after that.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...