UKC

Take-Home Draught Beer In Russia

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rob Naylor 25 Jul 2015
I've bought beer direct from the local brewery here in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk on and off for the last couple of years, but just discovered there are several shops in town that sell "fresh draught beer".

The bars and pubs that do draught beer here tend to have Asahi, Baltika 7 and 8, Siberian Crown and perhaps Guinness.

However, there are a multiplicity of small breweries selling their own brands, but they tend to be bottled, pasteurised and don't taste that different to each other. The "fresh draft beer" places are different. They fill bottles for you while you wait, from draught pumps, and some of them sell 15-20 different beers. They're fresh, generally unfiltered, without preservatives and some of them taste great (as far as lagers can ). Bottles are sealed on purchase, and will generally last 3 days or so in the fridge. Price is about 1/3 what you'd pay for draught beer in a bar, and the beer is generally far better.

I'm having a night in tonight sampling a couple....zhigulevskoye beer from the Uglyegorsk brewery ....the zhigulevskoye from the Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk brewery is supposed to be better, but they didn't have any....and an unfiltered Isetskoye beer from the local "Kolos" brewery. Both are good. I can't decide which is best so I guess I'll have to sample a bit more of each of them.

the system's described here: youtube.com/watch?v=tJ6jE7ximG8& It's a it of a "puff piece" for the "PEGAS dispensing system but the first couple of minutes gives an idea.

Wish I'd discovered these shops a couple of years ago....one of the best kept secrets in town!
 Mike-W-99 25 Jul 2015
In reply to Rob Naylor:

Sounds good if a bit far away!
Stewart Brewing in Edinburgh do this too although maybe not as cheaply!
 CurlyStevo 25 Jul 2015
In reply to Rob Naylor:

Search for Growlers, there is one really close to where I live!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...