UKC

Route recommendations for Cycle tour in Spain?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Batcloud 25 Jul 2015
Any scenic areas worth taking in on a south (Almeria province) to north (Santander) route passing east of Madrid?

Also any towns/cities? I've done a tour to the west and enjoyed Segovia and Toledo, what's to see on the eastern side? Thanks.
RockShock 12 Aug 2015
In reply to Batcloud:
Sorry for a bit late reply. Don't know much about cycling but judging by the numbers of folks cycling here in Spain you should be fine on whichever country road as most transit traffic goes via motorways.

That said, about specific recommendations: make sure you don't miss Cuenca. Guadalajara is nice and then northwards you have really nice roads leading towards Soria. If wine is your thing, a visit in Logrono is a must!

Out of these three, Cuenca is surely a must see!

Cheers
RS
Post edited at 22:57
OP Batcloud 17 Aug 2015
In reply to RockShock:

Thanks for your reply. My plans have changed (due to being pushed for time) so now it's looking like a circular tour including the Sierra Filabres and then north through the Sierra de Cazorla and back through the Sierra Espuna in Murcia province. I definitely intend to do the route across Spain at some point to I'll get to Cuenca one day.

Cheers agian

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...