UKC

Five ten sizing? Anasazis

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 RR 27 Jul 2015
I noticed the Camp Four sizing has changed dramatic with the introduction of the new model. The difference in size is 1,5 sizes bigger I estimate. As well as the Five ten Guide Tennie, which has changed sizing too.

To stop wasting money (to stop increasing the profit of Adidas) I wonder since I want to get new Anasazi‘s (Velcro closure) if their sizing has changed too (for no reason)?

I'd love to hear what the experience is.
 HeMa 27 Jul 2015
In reply to RR:

Can't say exactly, but as a general rule of thumb for 5.10 climbing shoes. Get the size you'd buy your sneaker.

My feet are Eur 42 (in sneakers), my Quantums are 42, my Moccasyms are 42, my old Newtons were 42 and the old Arrowheads were 42... plus some other 5.10 I can't remember now, were also 42.

True, they are a bit different size. Quantums were the tightest fit. But they still work. I seem to recall that since 5.10 now have these lines of climbing shoes, the sizing reflects that. It has been also so in the past. So high performance (agressive) shoes will have a tighter fit than leisure all-day comfort shoes.

With Sportiva, the size are all over the place. Mythos 42, Miura VS 40.5, Python 40.5, Cobra 41 and Solution 41.5...
OP RR 27 Jul 2015
In reply to HeMa:

Thanks Hema, I prefer to mail order approach shoes and all day rock shoes. Then I don’t have to go into the centre of Paris (au vieux campeur) and spend half a day parking/shopping. It always takes longer than one expect.

At La Sportiva they don’t change their sizes in between model. Miura has still the same size as years ago. Of course from pair to pair there are small differences. But in general they have the same size.
Not any longer with Five Ten! Guide Tennies (same model) got scaled bigger, without any reason. So size UK 9 got way bigger.
That is why I am asking if the same happened to the Anasazi.

Putting the question is answering the question I realize now. Better go shopping and try them in vivo. Since I got already two oversized pairs Five Ten approach shoes lately.
 HeMa 27 Jul 2015
In reply to RR:

> At La Sportiva they don’t change their sizes in between model.

But they do... Miura and Python are about the same , where as with Solution and Mythos the nominal size needs to be bigger. I can fit (painfully) 40.5 Pythons out of the box, but there is no change of getting Solutions in 41 on my feet without resorting to amputation.

As for the change in 5.10 approach shoes... perhaps they have "changed" the categorization of the approach shoes, making the new Guide Tennie more relaxed or what ever.
 Jimbo C 27 Jul 2015
In reply to RR:

My white anasazis (2 years old) are 2 sizes smaller than my street size.

Shoes are one of the things I will always go to the shop for to try on.
OP RR 27 Jul 2015
In reply to Jimbo C:
I know how painful a "Font shoe" can (and has to) feel. My question was/is about the meaning of numbers given the bandwidth of the same size of the same shoe (the Anasazi‘s Velcro). The Verdes are different from the Beige velcro's etc I know that.

Hema I know Mythos grows even on you over time .

Read also:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=620039&v=1#x8089011
Post edited at 14:07
 Charlie Noakes 27 Jul 2015
In reply to RR:

Have had several pairs over the years, always between 1.5 and 2 sizes down. Haven't noticed any change.
 PPP 27 Jul 2015
In reply to RR:

Order X pairs and return whatever does not fit? You won't have to go any further than the post office.
OP RR 27 Jul 2015
In reply to PPP:

I will put the Camp 4’s on sale, and order different sizes as Pépé says and I will send the one’s that don’t fit back.

@ Charlie. I noticed that the Tennies as well as the Camp 4 have changed lately. I had always UK 9, which feels now as a UK 10,5. That makes me suspicious that they have also changed the size of Anasazi’s. For years I have mail ordered them.
So now I order different sizes etc etc.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...