UKC

Twitter on Windows Phone

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tyler 27 Jul 2015
Everytime I go on Twitter on my windows phone it only shows me tweets from the last two or three hours and then the timeline jumps straight to the tweets when I last viewed it? This never used to happen on my iPhone, does anyone know if there is a way to change this behaviour? The settings for this app are pretty basic.
 JMarkW 27 Jul 2015
In reply to Tyler:
You thought about just getting out more?

Tweeting your cutting edge acsent in the himalayas?

Cheers
Mark
Post edited at 20:37
 remus Global Crag Moderator 27 Jul 2015
In reply to Tyler:

Assuming you're using the official twitter app, in between the new tweets and the tweets you last viewed there should be a little gray bar with the words 'load more tweets'.
OP Tyler 30 Jul 2015
In reply to Mark Westerman:

Dont worry grandad, I'll still send postcards about my cutting edge ascents so you don't need to worry about all this new fangled technology.
OP Tyler 30 Jul 2015
In reply to remus:

I still get the grey bar but after pressing once or twice it disappears having only loaded the previous two or three hours tweets. Its not a capacity issue as I only follow about 100 people. The iphone was similar except it used to show the previous two or three days worth of tweets.

I'm guessing there aren't many windows phone users around......
 Only a hill 30 Jul 2015
In reply to Tyler:

The Twitter app for Windows Phone is notoriously bad, and has been for years. When I was a WP user I preferred using the mobile Twitter site over the app. Unfortunately virtually all developers update their WP apps very infrequently – if at all.

The situation might improve when Windows 10 Mobile comes out.
 remus Global Crag Moderator 30 Jul 2015
In reply to Only a hill:

> The situation might improve when Windows 10 Mobile comes out.

I'd be surprised. If you write an unofficial twitter client you can only have so many users before you have to start paying twitter. I think its this that's stopping people from writing an alternative client.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...