UKC

G16 Attachments

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alpenglow 28 Jul 2015
Just purchased a Canon G16, using it mainly for mountain landscape and climbing photography.
It's my first proper camera so I'm pretty new to amateur photography.

Would anyone recommend buying a circular polarizing lense (with the filter adapter), or the telephoto lense (with lense adapter)?

Cheers.
 Tall Clare 28 Jul 2015
In reply to blue_sundown:

The main downside I can see is the requirement to faff about mounting the attachments, which can detract from the joy and immediacy of point and shoot photography. They'd also make the camera bulkier, meaning you might be less likely to carry it in an easily accessible position.

I'm very impressed with my G16 (as I was with the G9 before).
 kevin stephens 28 Jul 2015
Accessories are not great for the G16 (I have G15) for the reasons Clare gives. Instead I would buy a copy of Lightroom and a good instruction book to go with it
Post edited at 21:06
 dpm23 28 Jul 2015

For landscape, a circular polariser is a good filter to have. I have a G1 X, with the adapter to fit the polariser: I wouldn't have bought the camera if I could not do this.

So I don't have the G16, but the adapter looks similar to what I have to use.

For 'point and shoot', the adapter and polariser is off. But for landscapes, which I generally take more time over, a polariser is a very useful addition for many shots.

You cannot really replicate the effects of one well in software.

That's my take on it anyway.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...