UKC

VIDEO: An Eagle's eye view of Wintour's Leap

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Videos 29 Jul 2015
A North to South aerial tour of Wintour's Leap, the gem of the Wye Valley with it's spectacular setting, superb limestone, outrageous overhangs and classic climbs for all grades. Recently filmed in July 2015 by Arnie the Drone and featuring the North Wall, Great Wall, Central Bay, South Bay, Go Wall, Woodcroft Quarry + Fly Wall.

Watch the video: http://www.ukclimbing.com/videos/play.php?i=2686
 GridNorth 29 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC Videos:

Another great film. The music makes it very evocative.

Al
 deepstar 29 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC Videos:

Brilliant Dave, really enjoyed that. With Arnie the Drone and HMS Bellend you seem to have it all covered!
 Bobling 29 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC Videos:

Really nice - what a beautiful place, seeing it like that brings back so many memories of climbing there. I kept expecting little coloured lines and names to appear on the routes a la Rock Fax topos. Now there's a thought - 3D topos? Loved your smiling face at the end too as you beckoned him home.
 Rachel Slater 29 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC Videos:

Fab crag and video. Only been once but I'd really love to go back!
 BusyLizzie 29 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC Videos:

Stunning - well done! I see a climber at 1 minute 38 seconds. Is he at the top of one of the Corner Buttress routes?
L
 Gav Parker 29 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC Videos:

Excellent again Dave!!
 BALD EAGLE 29 Jul 2015
In reply to deepstar, grid north, bobling, rachel and gav:

> Brilliant Dave, really enjoyed that. With Arnie the Drone and HMS Bellend you seem to have it all covered!

Thanks a million to you all for taking the time post some positive feedback as it is muchly appreciated and glad you enjoyed the vid! Cheers Dave
 BALD EAGLE 29 Jul 2015
In reply to BusyLizzie:

> Stunning - well done! I see a climber at 1 minute 38 seconds. Is he at the top of one of the Corner Buttress routes?

> L

Sorry Lizzie that is me at 1 min 38 and I am definitely not climbing!
The first ukc'r to spot the solitary climber and name the route they are on gets the "I Spy award" and wins a very special prize of a biscuit! Cheers Dave
 Bluebird 30 Jul 2015
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

Enjoyed that, nice one. Great crag
 Doug 30 Jul 2015
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

Looks lovely and yet apparently deserted, just some guy & a drone

BALD EAGLE 30 Jul 2015
In reply to Bluebird:

> Enjoyed that, nice one. Great crag

Hey Bluebird many thanks for the positive feedback! Cheers Dave
 BALD EAGLE 30 Jul 2015
In reply to Doug:

> Looks lovely and yet apparently deserted, just some guy & a drone

Heya Doug yep the crag was just about deserted as I only filmed in the late evening for 2 reasons. To avoid disturbing anybody and especially climbers, as drones can be quite noisy (it sounds like a swarm of bees I think!) + intrusive and also to catch the elusive perfect evening light! In fact you can only see one climber on a route on the whole crag if you look very, very closely... Cheers Dave
 cuppatea 30 Jul 2015
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

Excellent video!

Very inspirational, even though (as far as I can see!) there are no climbers to see

irish paul 30 Jul 2015
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

I like biscuits and wondered if that were a bloke in a green tshirt on Kangaroo wall?
 Hillseeker 30 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC Videos:

Great film! Looks like you had a stunning evening there. Can't see the climber though!
 GridNorth 30 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC Videos:
Here is a clue: Think insects and insects with wings.

Come on Dave put everyone out of their misery, you should tell them not me. Oh and by the way how do I get my promised biscuit?

Al
Post edited at 14:42
 BALD EAGLE 30 Jul 2015
In reply to cuppatea:

> Excellent video!

> Very inspirational, even though (as far as I can see!) there are no climbers to see

Hey cuppatea thanks for the positive feedback and you need to look harder!
 BALD EAGLE 30 Jul 2015
In reply to irish paul:
> I like biscuits and wondered if that were a bloke in a green tshirt on Kangaroo wall?

I like biscuits too, especially hobnobs, but sorry Irish Paul the only bloke in a green T-shirt is yours truly who definitely was not climbing...
Post edited at 17:08
 BALD EAGLE 30 Jul 2015
In reply to GridNorth:
> Here is a clue: Think insects and insects with wings.

> Come on Dave put everyone out of their misery, you should tell them not me. Oh and by the way how do I get my promised biscuit?

> Al

Hey Al you have given a maa-hoosive clue so I'm sure a winning entrant will be along soon with the correct answer! There has to be more ageing climbing saddo's out there who suffer from anoraksia nervosa like thee and me surely? Anyway you can find your promised biscuit at the top of King King where I left it the other evening.....
Post edited at 17:14
 mikej 30 Jul 2015
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

Lovely video - maybe someone halfway up Moth?
 BALD EAGLE 31 Jul 2015
In reply to mikej:

> Lovely video - maybe someone halfway up Moth?

Hey Mike we have a winner and a tiny climber can be seen at the top of the first belay of Butterfly/Moth at 1.50 to 1.55 on the vid so you win a biscuit! Would you like a hobnob or a digestive? Cheers Dave
 Stanners 02 Aug 2015
In reply to UKC Videos:

Just watched on 50" HD tv screen!! Incredible shots, re inspired me to get back out filming. Very jealous of your new copter, what one is it?
 BALD EAGLE 02 Aug 2015
In reply to Stanners:

> Just watched on 50" HD tv screen!! Incredible shots, re inspired me to get back out filming. Very jealous of your new copter, what one is it?

Hey Stanners a million thanks for posting some kind feedback and glad you enjoyed the vid! The copter is Phantom 2 with H4 3D gimbal + FPV monitor. Please feel free to mail me for the full spec and set up if interested in going over to the dark side... Cheers Dave
 The Pylon King 02 Aug 2015
In reply to Stanners:

get one Stanners!!!
 BALD EAGLE 03 Aug 2015
In reply to Urgles:

> get one Stanners!!!

Come on over to the dark side Stanners! You know you want to...
 jon_gill1 03 Aug 2015
In reply to UKC Videos:

Very good Dave, reminds me straight away of the many glorious sunny days i've had at Wintours Leap. I am excited to see what your new films will be like with this amazing bit of kit. Keep up the good work mate.
 BALD EAGLE 04 Aug 2015
In reply to jon_gill1:

> Very good Dave, reminds me straight away of the many glorious sunny days i've had at Wintours Leap. I am excited to see what your new films will be like with this amazing bit of kit. Keep up the good work mate.

Hey Jon a big fat thanks for the feedback and I appreciate your appreciation! Just started a new vid and plenty more in the pipeline so watch this space... Cheers Dave
 kiwi boy 05 Aug 2015
In reply to UKC Videos:

Hi Dave finally the Eagle has fledged...it as was only a matter of time. Another great video but I do hope that veiwing this vid does not count as Beta..... i am sure it would if i were Nick! As for Arnie the Drone I perhaps it should be Armstrong as clearly the eagle can land it.
Cheers Andy
 BALD EAGLE 06 Aug 2015
In reply to kiwi boy:

> Hi Dave finally the Eagle has fledged...it as was only a matter of time. Another great video but I do hope that veiwing this vid does not count as Beta..... i am sure it would if i were Nick! As for Arnie the Drone I perhaps it should be Armstrong as clearly the eagle can land it.

> Cheers Andy

Hey Andy muchos gracias for posting some positive feedback as it makes all those hours editing away worthwhile! I thought you were implying that either Arnie or I were on Performance Enhancing Drugs for a minute, then I realised that you were talking about the other Armstrong from 1969....
In reply to UKC Videos:

Wow, what an incredibly beautiful place! That's a really lovely little film and I love the music, what is it?
 BALD EAGLE 06 Aug 2015
In reply to Nicholas Livesey:

> Wow, what an incredibly beautiful place! That's a really lovely little film and I love the music, what is it?

Heya Nick thanks a bunch for your kind words and Wintour's Leap is an amazing place for a climb or walk if you are ever down this way! For anyone interested the piece of music is called Far Reaches 2 (the underscore version) by Philip Guyler and is described as "dreamy and majestic" plus for what it's worth I thought it added to the ambience and feel of the video pretty well. Anyway Nick keep up the good work in Snowdonia and I look forward to many more of your excellent images! Cheers Dave
In reply to UKC Videos:

Great video which I only just saw ! Now I want a drone…..

BALD EAGLE 09 Sep 2015
In reply to I like climbing:

> Great video which I only just saw ! Now I want a drone…..

Hi I like climbing and a huge thanks for taking the time to post some feedback plus glad you enjoyed my wee video! As it happens the next one is nearly finished so watch this space....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...