UKC

Year round insurance to cover ice and rock climbing in Canada.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi,

Looking for advice on companies specializing in insurance to cover climbing abroad.

I'm studying in Vancouver as of September, I am looking to go rock climbing most weekends and winter/ice climbing and general mountaineering including in the rockies, so will need helicopter rescue cover and all the usual extras.
I may also make trips down into the States to climb on the west coast there so will need cover there also.
Not looking to climb any 6000m, obviously my trip is greater than 30 days so that excludes a lot of the usual insurers like BMC etc.
I've had a lot of recommendations for Austrian Alpine Club but they apparently only cover up to 8 weeks.

Does anyone know of anywhere which will do cover for a year for this sort of thing.
I figure a lot of people will study or work abroad who are climbers so thought there would be some kind of insurance to cover this.

Or does anyone know that being a temporary resident in Canada/British Columbia may provide easier ways to get insured or even if the Mountain Rescue in these areas are run like British ones where I wouldn't necessarily need to worry about financial situations if I was forced into a rescue situation?

Thanks a lot in advance!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...