UKC

Not climbing enough

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
danmitchable 01 Aug 2015
Firstly, apologies if this should be in a different topic :O

I am currently having a bit of trouble putting time aside for climbing. Between seeing my girlfriend (who lives a distance away so seeing her takes up a weekend) and working i cant find much time to put towards it. I don't drive so quick sessions are out of the picture i feel. Since i use public transport and am inconveniently located in north east kent, climbing centers aren't easy to get to.

I want to put more time aside these days, especially since i am training to do SPA at some point. But have a complicated schedule. I work a flexible job so i can say no to shifts but this then means less money for driving lessons and trad equipment.
 The Potato 01 Aug 2015
In reply to danmitchable:

Is there a question in there or do you just need to get it off your chest?
 Hyphin 01 Aug 2015

You sound young enough that, "ditch the girlfriend and get one that lives more locally and likes climbing" sounds like the way to go!
 Greasy Prusiks 01 Aug 2015

Say two Hail Marys, you're forgiven.
PamPam 01 Aug 2015

Well do you go climbing with anybody? If you found a climbing buddy who drives then it wouldn't be unreasonable to contribute to the cost of petrol for them giving you a lift. Maybe you could get your girlfriend into climbing?

If you can't change any of the things that limit your climbing time then how about looking at what you do in the time you do have for climbing if you don't already plan out what you want to work on and achieve with your climbing. Make the time you do have for climbing, quality time so you get the most out of each session. So you are working towards something, think of what it is you need to do in order to achieve that and set yourself a plan to help you stick to it. That might seem like a lot of organisation but if you absolutely cannot compromise on time/money in your other areas of life then it may be necessary. Quantity doesn't always equal quality!
 John Ww 01 Aug 2015

Errrr...and?

JW
 deepsoup 01 Aug 2015
In reply to Hyphin:
> You sound young enough that, "ditch the girlfriend and get one that lives more locally and likes climbing" sounds like the way to go!

He said he lives in Kent. So make that "ditch the girlfriend, move somewhere there is climbing and get one that lives locally (and likes climbing)". ;O)
danmitchable 02 Aug 2015
In reply to Pesda potato:

haha yeah sorry i feel like i was starting to answer my own question towards the end of the post and submitted it anyway >.<
 Dell 03 Aug 2015

Got any space in the attic, basement, garage or garden? Build your own training wall.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...