UKC

Foot Pain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 lucas95 02 Aug 2015
Whilst playing a friendly game of touch rugby last week. I suddenly got a sharp pain in the bottom of my foot. I had a pair of football boots on that l have had no problems with before and l know l never stood on anything. Their was a very slight bruise where the pain was but that has now faded.

It has now been a week and it still hurts to walk/ move on. Does anyone have any ideas on cause and treatments etc as l am starting to get fed up.

Cheers
ultrabumbly 02 Aug 2015
In reply to lucas95:

I am by no means an expert on this. But I would assume that the heel is somewhat flatter on your footie boots than any of your other footwear (do you always wear trainers and rarely dress shoes through the week?).

I had a similar pain many years ago that I would only get while walking in mountain boots for a few days. Felt like a needle coming up through the middle of my foot. When I got back sports physio prescribed stretches (e.g. http://www.livestrong.com/article/28923-stretch-plantar-fascia-achilles/ ) for the Achilles tendon and it never bothered me again. He suspected my tendon had shortened a little over time due to spending nearly all my time out of rock shoes or boots in trainers with a slightly higher heel.

digby 02 Aug 2015
In reply to lucas95:
Look up 'sesamoids'. Could be a stress fracture. Depends where the pain is.
Post edited at 14:49
In reply to lucas95:

The bottom of your foot is very vague. The middle centre? Toe region? Under the heel? Does it feel like a bone, joint or ligament injury?
OP lucas95 02 Aug 2015
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

Pretty much the centre of my foot.
MikeSimouns 28 Sep 2015
Did you went to see a doctor for your problem? Podiatrist can help you more and explain the cause of the pain.
OP lucas95 29 Sep 2015
In reply to MikeSimouns:

Yep, Plantar Fasciitis. Just waiting to see a physio. Thought it had healed so went for a run. Big mistake.
MikeSimouns 07 Oct 2015
In reply to lucas95:

Atleast you are aware now and you are waiting as it gets totally healed. God luck buddy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...