UKC

Llanberis on a shoe string?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tigger 03 Aug 2015

Hi Folks.
We're off over to Beris later this month and funds are pretty scarce thanks to a recent trip to V12. Are there any areas around Llanberis/ the pass where we could get away with wild camping? We'd need to be with reasonable distance of the car and have enough space for 2 one man tents or perhaps a tarp.
Thanks.
Post edited at 21:29
 bigdrew 03 Aug 2015
In reply to Tigger:

Loads camp over the wall by the river at the cromlech parking and don't seem to get bothered. Worth getting parked there early ish though
 ERU 03 Aug 2015
In reply to bigdrew:

The "woo hoo pound please" woman will get you in the morning. In fact it's more than a pound now... You will need to get the tent down in the day too.
 snoop6060 04 Aug 2015
In reply to Tigger:

Plenty of boulders to sleep under if its not too grim weather wise.
 DannyC 04 Aug 2015
In reply to ERU:

"Halloooo. Halloooo. Pound please". She's hilarious. What's the story there?

I guess it is probably frowned upon by some but I've also camped, discretely (ie pitch late and take down early) in the grounds of the castle. Which has the benefit of being in walking distance of the pub.

D.
 Andy Farnell 04 Aug 2015
In reply to ERU:

> The "woo hoo pound please" woman will get you in the morning. In fact it's more than a pound now... You will need to get the tent down in the day too.

It used to be 50p back in the early 90's. She even used to try and charge for sleeping in the car!

Andy F
 JimboWizbo 04 Aug 2015
In reply to Tigger:

I normally go for air bed in the boot., but I am blessed with an estate so I can get away with it.
 jkarran 04 Aug 2015
In reply to Tigger:

There are plenty of discrete (and spectacular) spots in the quarries for tents or under cover. Careful wandering about in the dark though!

jk
 Red Rover 04 Aug 2015
In reply to ERU:

I thought the 50p lady retired a couple of years ago, is her daughter carrying on the family buisness?
 adam06 04 Aug 2015
youhoo lady! she charged me £1 for sleeping in the car once! i was too tired to argue.
 SiWood 04 Aug 2015
In reply to ERU:

She was called the "50p for camping pleeeeeeeese" woman when I used to camp around there.

Unzipped the tent one morning to see her squating taking a piss about 3ft away - not the nicest way to wake up!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...