UKC

Recommended me a second hand car

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SteveoS 04 Aug 2015

My 02 clio's head gasket is about to fall to peices and along with some minor faults without an mot/tax and the insurance due in 2 weeks I've decided that it's probably best she rests in the great car park in the sky.

Now, the clio did me well and I'm in the market for a cheap small car. Any recommendations? Any horror stories? Would consider a small van.
Post edited at 11:46
 mzk 04 Aug 2015
In reply to SteveoS:

I've had no major issues with my 1.4l Hyundai Getz. Cheap to buy, quick enough, economical and surprisingly roomy in the back (5 people + kit to Europe (just), or 4 people & 3 boulder mats).
 LastBoyScout 04 Aug 2015
In reply to SteveoS:

Honda Jazz?
 MrJared 04 Aug 2015
In reply to SteveoS:

Love my Toyota Celica!

Comfy enough for long journeys, surprising amount of space in the boot (with the seats down you can -just- fit in). Its also loads of fun to drive!
 The New NickB 04 Aug 2015
In reply to SteveoS:

How cheap is cheap?

I've had two Seats, an Ibiza and now the latest version of the Leon. Bought both second hand, although the Leon is a 63 plate so still fairly new. Been happy with both, VW reliability for what its worth, without the premium of the rest of the group.

If I was after something Cleo sized, I would happily buy an Ibiza again.
andymac 04 Aug 2015
In reply to SteveoS:

You could buy my 2001 Clio

Good little runner

Few minor glitches.Wings and boot are red .rest of car is kind of reddish. Just needs a bonnet.VIN chassis plates don't match,but my mate can sort that.

Bubbly little car.

Yours for a monkey.
Post edited at 19:06
In reply to LastBoyScout:

I disposed of my tired diesel Focus a couple of years ago and we decided to downsize to a Jazz - how wrong I was, it is really roomy - three people plus sailing kit and an inflatable dingy regularly go to Oban to our boat. 60 mpg and enough umph to get past the caravans on the A85 - I am really pleased with it and will look for a newer model when it comes time to change.
 The Potato 04 Aug 2015
In reply to SteveoS:

Vauxhall Astra, cheap 2nd hand, cheap and easy to fix and come in a variety of flavours

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...