UKC

Via Ferrata in the Tarn Gorge, France?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
James198379 05 Aug 2015
Hi,

Has anyone tried out any of the Via Ferrata located in the Tarn Gorge? I am heading there for a few days canoeing but i would love to sample some of the areas best routes. Does anyone have any recommendations? Also, does anyone know of anywhere to rent lanyards and harnesses?

We are an experienced party
We have a car
We are staying in Laroque

Many thanks!

James
 SteveSBlake 05 Aug 2015
In reply to James198379:

James, I've done a couple, one above a village near Roziers at the Junction of the tarn and Jonte, the other is on a large cliff that is above Millau. I'm on my phone at the mo so can't give exact details. Both have optional hard sections. For the first you can hire kit at a cafe by the car park.

I don't think that's the case with the latter, but you may be able to rent it from an 'adventure' company in Millau.

I'll post up some more detail later.

Steve
 SteveSBlake 05 Aug 2015
In reply to James198379:

James, the first is above a village close to Roziers called 'Liaucous'. The second is the VF de Boffi. There were road signs for this on the road up to the Montpellier les Vieux park from Roziers.

Steve
 SteveSBlake 06 Aug 2015
In reply to SteveSBlake: PS. I forgot....... It's worth climbing up to the cross above Roziers, some very old (but solid) ladders involved.

coldfell 07 Aug 2015
In reply to James198379:
The via ferrata is at Liaucous near Mostuejols/la Rosiere - it is brilliant. all gear can be hired at the parking - café on site I believe - we had our own but I noticed others hiring. Blue and Red route often meet up - the red is more overhanging. There is an option for a zip wire finish for which you need a pulley (we didn't have one) - there is a sensational single wire bridge crossed by both routes! The canoeing is also great - inspect the rapid at sablieres between Les Vignes and La Rosiere - there was some carnage going on there - we have just returned, it is a beautiful area.
Agree also the walk/scramble above La Rosiere to Capaluc and beyond is stunning, rock features and vultures prolific!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...