UKC

If you could erase your memory . . . . . . .?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 coinneach 05 Aug 2015
. . . . . . Of one book, one film and one piece of music and read, watch or listen never having experienced them before.

What would you choose?

Mine would be ( right now )

Any of the Flashman novels ( but my favourite is Flashman and the Redskins )

Pulp Fiction

Abbey Road
 Toby_W 05 Aug 2015
In reply to coinneach:

Star Wars empire strikes back and rtj

Toby
 DaveHK 05 Aug 2015
In reply to coinneach:

>
> Any of the Flashman novels ( but my favourite is Flashman and the Redskins )

Probably my favourite too.
 DaveHK 05 Aug 2015
In reply to coinneach:

I'd erase my knowledge of the Lord of the Rings book and film, watch the film first then read the book so that I could state conclusively and without allegation of temporal bias that the films are a lot of bollocks.
 Trangia 06 Aug 2015
In reply to coinneach:

When you get to my age there is no need to erase your memory, nature has already done it for you.........

I am now re-reading John Masters' "Loss of Eden" Trilogy which I first read 40 odd years ago, I remember very little of it from the first reading.
abseil 06 Aug 2015
In reply to Trangia:

> When you get to my age there is no need to erase your memory, nature has already done it for you......... I am now re-reading John Masters' "Loss of Eden" Trilogy which I first read 40 odd years ago, I remember very little of it from the first reading.

Never mind 40 years... I re-read non-fiction books 5 years later and don't realize till about page 200.... it's not getting worse with age though: I've always been dim.
 goose299 06 Aug 2015
In reply to coinneach:

The original Star Wars films
 aln 06 Aug 2015
In reply to coinneach:

I'd erase the Blair Witch Project. I wouldn't watch it again, I'd just erase it.
 wercat 06 Aug 2015
In reply to coinneach:
I wouldn't mind being awarded back the equivalent time (allowing for age, perception of timeflow, difference in energy levels etc) that I spent doing "Little Dorrit" at A - Level in the 70s. I reckon I'd get about a year back given what I could have done with the time then!

Perhaps the Aeneid book 1 and book 4 as well. Not that I didn't mind doing them but think of all that youthful energy I could get back and spend now!
Post edited at 14:25
Removed User 06 Aug 2015
In reply to coinneach:

Book - 2001 A Space Odyssey

Film - The Quiet Earth

Album - After the Goldrush.
 Robert Durran 06 Aug 2015
In reply to coinneach:

> . . . . . . Of one book, one film and one piece of music and read, watch or listen never having experienced them before.

What about climbing! Can I erase the whole of Reiff so that I can have the joy of discovering the place all over again?
 BnB 06 Aug 2015
In reply to coinneach:

Great thread

Book: I love the Flashman novels too and my favourite is the Great Game but they aren't in the same league as Money by Martin Amis

Music: Mahler's Symphony No 2 Resurrection (simply as close to a musical evocation of heaven as will ever be created)

Apocalypse Now: (but I'd have to see it again back in 1979 without my senses having been dulled by CGI)
 Tom Last 06 Aug 2015
In reply to coinneach:

Hitch Hikers' Guide to the Galaxy (books - obviously)

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Nirvana Nevermind
 Greasy Prusiks 06 Aug 2015
In reply to coinneach:

Do comments from birdie num num count?
OP coinneach 06 Aug 2015
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

Yes

But only if he posted in the style as set out.

1. Book
2. Film
3. Music
OP coinneach 06 Aug 2015
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

Ps

Thank you

Hardonicus
BnB
Tom Last
 Flinticus 07 Aug 2015
In reply to coinneach:

Interesting proposal.

Book - Blood Meridian

Film - Blade Runner

Music - Age of Love
 BnB 07 Aug 2015
In reply to Flinticus:

Blood Meridian. Yes, that is a stupendous book.
 Jon Stewart 07 Aug 2015
In reply to coinneach:

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (of course!).
In reply to coinneach:

Good thread.

Book: Feynmann's lecture on physics.
Film: Hmm, good shout with Eternal Sunshine, but torn between that and Back to the Future II...
Music: Ben Fold's Five, Philosophy
DVD series: Arrested Development (not the Netflix series 4 with fat Tobias and Lyndsey's weird face though).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...