UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: Hampi Local

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 07 Aug 2015
Hampi Local, 3 kbTonight's Friday Night video was filmed in Hampi, India, and takes the form of a stunning documentary film about Vikas (Jerry), a local climber with huge potential. Hampi Local provides a striking insight into the beauty of the region and the ability of one of its home-grown talents.

Read more
 Speed Reed 07 Aug 2015
In reply to UKC News:
Awesome video!Captivatingly simple,watched without distraction from start to finish and for someone with the attention span of a goldfish thats is an achievement! Don't think the film could have captured the elements of landscape/its people and climbing any better.Brilliant. I am sure that if Jerry wants to come to the UK there would be plenty of people to show him around.Great stuff!
Post edited at 21:38
 Chris Hines 07 Aug 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Stunning, want to wheel spin to Heathrow and jump on a plane!
 Big Steve 07 Aug 2015
In reply to UKC News:
Ive never been able to get into bouldering, I loved this film though, from start to finish
In reply to UKC News:

I think it's the best bouldering film I've ever seen. Certainly the most beautiful.
 shantaram 07 Aug 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Lovely film. Well done to the film makers. I spent a few weeks bouldering in Hampi in '91/'92 and it is really good to see some local talent emerging.
 Lhod 08 Aug 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Hi Lee and Julia, we hung out with you a bit when we were in Hampi last October. It's great to see the results of your work - such a beautiful film. Stunning editing, and good music choices! Makes us want to go back... Hope you are both really well.

Luke & Charlotte
 Callum Smith 08 Aug 2015
In reply to UKC News:

The shots of Cosmic Crimp are some of the most compelling and captivating of any bouldering film I've ever seen. Truly spectacular. Well done. Much love for Hampi.
 Greasy Prusiks 08 Aug 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Absolute pleasure of a film! Would love to go out there one day
blocfeatures 08 Aug 2015
In reply to Lhod:

Hi Guys! Great to hear from you both. How was the rest of your trip around the world? I imagine you had a fantastic time. Thanks for the great compliments on the film. We had so much fun working on it with everyone. I think it turned out better than we all imagined it would. The reaction and support towards it has been brilliant. I think it represents the beauty of the place so accurately. Can't wait to get back there! Hope to see you guys on the Grit!x
 Adam Lincoln 08 Aug 2015
In reply to UKC News:

I spent a month in Hampi a few years ago, and knew id go back at some point. This film and the birth of a new guidebook, and new areas getting developed all the time may be the kick up the arse i need!

I left Jerry one of my pads before i left, i hope he has had some use out of it!
 tmawer 09 Aug 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Stunning....so beautiful it makes an old git want to take up bouldering just to go there!
 chris85 09 Aug 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Awesome video! I spent two months in Hampi towards the end of the summer in 2013 and climbed with Jerry pretty much every day. Apart from being a super strong and talented climber, he is also such genuinely nice person. He was more than happy to take us to different places and have the patience to help us less talented climbers. He even took the time out to take us to Badami and show us some of the sport climbing it has to offer. Id love to go back sometime and spend another couple of months there!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...