UKC

Fontainebleau group bouldering guide needed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
hullbailey 09 Aug 2015
I'm trying to organise for a group of 11 guys to have a days trip from paris bouldering in Font. Unfortunately I'm struggling to find any info on guides, gear etc. Except for companies trying to charge 700euros for a guide and no gear!!!!

The group will be 11 guys we are hoping to hire the following;
boots
pads
1 or 2 guides for a couple of hours before lunch and a couple hours after lunch.

Ability will be varied and some transport from Font (town) to the forest would also be helpful as well as some local knowledge to maybe get some lunch - otherwise we can bring our own.

Really hope you can help or know someone who can help.

Many thanks
hullbailey 09 Aug 2015
In reply to hullbailey:

NB: I'm looking for Saturday 25th Aug.
 mishabruml 09 Aug 2015
In reply to hullbailey:

I know that theres several places where you can hire pads in the forest (at the gites and climbing shops). Shoes I'm not so sure.

Do you need really need a guide? The bouldering is so accessible and easy to find that a guide would probably be an unnecessary cost. You could probably hire a couple of cars and pads for a day, and buy a book between you for less than some sort of all-inclusive day package, if that even exists. You can do it yourself very easily in Font, even for beginners.

If you really feel you need a guide you could try phoning some climbing gyms in Paris and seeing if theres any "outdoor day trip" type offers. If not I'm sure there'd be a member of staff willing to make some extra Euros on their day off taking a group down to Font and pointing them up some boulders for a bit.

As for lunch, we just grabbed a baguette and some cheese/meat from a supermarket and sat on our pads under a tree but if you are looking for a restaurant it really depends where you are climbing... the forest is huge so no point trekking halfway across it just for lunch in Fontainbleau/Avon. Theres usually a little village nearish each area with a nice cafe/bar/restaurant. That said I remember Barbizon being particularly nice
 djwilse 10 Aug 2015
In reply to hullbailey:

You could try contacting Mathieu PECHEUR, he is based in the area and arranges a number of group activities. He speaks good English.
http://www.animation-pour-entreprises.fr/Pages/contactus.aspx

djwilse 10 Aug 2015
In reply to hullbailey:
Another option would be to contact the climbing wall at the Base de loisirs at Buthiers (this is a large activity centre situated in a Bouldering area).
http://www.buthiers.iledeloisirs.fr/l72-escalade-en-salle

They do indoor sessions with kit hire and may well do outdoor stuff for private groups - there is a PGL type set up there that does bouldering outside for kids groups.
 solomonkey 10 Aug 2015
In reply to hullbailey:

A group of 11 !
When are you looking at going ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...