UKC

Indoor climbing glasgow

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MeMeMe 09 Aug 2015
I happen to be living in glasgow this week and since i know nobody here i thought i'd go climbing of an evening.

What's the climbing academy like? Worth going to? Since i am billy no mates this week i thought i'd boulder, unless anyone fancies meeting up?

Also i've got no transport and am staying along duke street. I was thinking about running to the wall and then getting the tube back into town and running back along duke street home.
Is this a sensible idea? Google maps will give me a walking route but not knowing glasgow i've no idea if it's going through places that i'd really rather not...
 Scott K 09 Aug 2015
In reply to MeMeMe: TCA is great. Loads of problems, decent cafe and nice people. Can't advise on the route there and back though. Might be worth giving them a call and asking.

aldo56 09 Aug 2015
In reply to MeMeMe:
Won't be a problem running. I'd likely go down to Glasgow green from
Duke street then along the cycle side and up to tca.
Post edited at 23:49
OP MeMeMe 10 Aug 2015
In reply to aldo56:

What's the cycle side?!

Glasgow green looks a good way though.
Is there a path that goes along the river in the south side. It looks like there is something on google maps?
 mishabruml 10 Aug 2015
In reply to MeMeMe:

I think you'd be better off sticking to the north side of the river on the national cycle route until you hit the squinty bridge (clyde arc) as its nicely pedestrianised the whole way, and reasonably lit. once your on the south side go on govan road > rutland crescent > portman street (all pavemented). no need to worry about any dodgy areas on that route. kinning park subway very easy to get to from TCA, head right out the door, right round the corner and follow the road until you see it. TCA is great by the way, deffo worth going.

I normally go Monday nights but have an exam on tuesday so am not sure! If you fancy some sport/trad will be going to the GCC this week or evening cragging if dry. you could also try Glasgow Climbers facebook page or Central Belt Trad Collective
OP MeMeMe 10 Aug 2015
In reply to mishabruml:

Great, looks like the north side of the river is the way to go then

Planning on nipping down to TCA tonight for a boulder.

I'd also be up for GCC or evening cragging, let me know if you're going and thanks for the offer!
I don't have any gear with me though, the reason I am in Glasgow this week is due to a disastrous house move and all our stuff is in storage apart from the essentials, so only got shoes and chalk bag, I'd have to borrow a harness if cragging, if it's indoors I could always hire one.

Don't usually have so much spare time in the evenings so going to try make the most of it!
 aldo56 10 Aug 2015
In reply to MeMeMe:

Clyde side*
OP MeMeMe 10 Aug 2015
In reply to aldo56:

Of course! Doh!
 mishabruml 10 Aug 2015
In reply to MeMeMe:

Cool, maybe see you down the TCA then, and if anything happens this week I'll shoot you a pm

OP MeMeMe 10 Aug 2015
In reply to mishabruml:

Sounds great, thanks.

I made it to TCA but my special ability is to be unable to recognise anything often when I have met them several times so no chance of seeing you there.
Had a good boulder though, folks seemed friendly and there were lots of problems to go at
 mishabruml 11 Aug 2015
In reply to MeMeMe:

ah yeah sorry totally realised that you had no way of knowing who I am, sorry! glad u enjoyed it, I think its a class gym. Tomorrow looking dry so likely an evening crag on the cards

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...