UKC

Carnmore - Restricted access to due to deer stalking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Brown 09 Aug 2015
I'm trying to get an understanding of the access situation in the central highlands in September.

Crags such as Carnmore Crag appear to be 'banned due to deer stalking' September to January!

This seems to conflict with the Scottish Outdoor Access Code. Has anone actual experience of accessing this crag or area at this time of the year and had experience of this estate and how they operate?

Andy Nisbet 10 Aug 2015
In reply to Brown:

It says in the Northern Highlands Central guidebook:
The owner likes climbers to visit his estate but restrictions may be found during the stalking season (“15th September to 15th November, except weekends”, quoted in 2005).
OP Brown 10 Aug 2015
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

Cheers. I dont have that guide so its reassuring to hear something that sounds a little more reasonable.
 Andy Nisbet 10 Aug 2015
In reply to Brown:

The owner that I spoke to has since died but I think his family still own the estate. If you want to climb on Carnmor Crag, I don't think there will be a problem at any time, as it's not in the hills. This site is good with lots of phone numbers about stalking but Fisherfield don't seem to take part.
http://www.outdooraccess-scotland.com/Practical-guide/Public/heading-for-th...
OP Brown 12 Aug 2015
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

I think I have found the estate number online so will give them a call closer to the event.
 Andy Nisbet 12 Aug 2015
In reply to Brown:

Let me know what they say. It will be interesting to see if they are still friendly.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...