UKC

NEWS: Alex Puccio is back!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 10 Aug 2015
Alex Puccio on Euro trash, ~8A+, LCC, UT, 4 kbAlex Puccio is back and almost in full effect. Only two months after a complete tear of the ACL, a partial tear of the MCL and a tear in the Posterior Horn of her Meniscus on the Lateral side of the knee, Alex Puccio has repeated Euro Trash, ~8A+, in the Little Cottonwood Canyon,...

Read more
 alps_p 10 Aug 2015
In reply to UKC News:

is that not super-early for a return to bouldering after such an injury though?
 Skyfall 10 Aug 2015
In reply to UKC News:

blimey, I had a partial tear of my MCL (i.e. bad knee sprain) about three weeks ago and am still hobbling around so the thought of getting back on rock within two months of all that lot is unbelievable.
 remus Global Crag Moderator 10 Aug 2015
In reply to alps_p:

Not necessarily. Presumably she's doing problems that don't aggravate the injury, e.g. in that pic it looks like she could just drop on to the pads on her back.
 La benya 10 Aug 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Follow her on Facebook or IG, she has documented her recovery quite well and he enthusiasm and spirit is infectious! She had surgery and then Daily physio immediately. I think if you're supervised by a professional and willing to go through a bit (lot) of pain then intensive physio can work incredibly quickly. Also the more you pay the better the treatment. How long does a broken bone take to heal if given the standard NHS response? Compare that to a rugby player (for example) who can be back to elite level contact sport within 2/ 3 weeks (Cian heeley and his broken thumb/ foot/ ankle spring to mind)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...