UKC

Inov-8 sold to the Japanese.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nathan79 11 Aug 2015
In reply to sam.sam.sam.ferguson:

I was of the clearly mistaken belief they'd been bought by Nike or Adidas a couple of years back. Don't know where I got that from.
 Simon Caldwell 11 Aug 2015

It would be good if they stopped discontinuing and altering things all the time.
 galpinos 11 Aug 2015

Private Equity firm sells stake to half decent Japanese clothing company, not exactly a disaster?
 Roadrunner5 11 Aug 2015
In reply to galpinos:

> Private Equity firm sells stake to half decent Japanese clothing company, not exactly a disaster?

No, this has been on the cards as soon as the company bought a majority stake a few years back.. they were always looking to sell to a bigger company.

I'm with Simon. I've stopped wearing them generally unless I pick them up in sales as they just change so much, and even the fit. I just cant see why they need so many shoes which are so similar, just make fewer, make them cheaper and get a bigger share of the market.

Add to that concerns over build quality and the elevated price and I just dont wear them anymore. I've had a few which have failed badly in the sole, not just the mesh ripping up, often they've been changed but its still a pain and I want a shoe I can trust.

Salomon have a fairly big range but basically their main shoes are pretty consistent and dont change much. Inov8 should easily focus down to 4 - 6 shoes which cover fell, mountain and trail.

However I'm not sure they will stick in trail and mountain running and it will increasingly be a small part of their business and they will continue with the gym/crossfit line.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...