UKC

Experienced alpine climbing partner wanted (min. AD+/D level)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wout 12 Aug 2015
Hi,
I'm looking for an experienced alpine climbing partner for next week (AD+/D minimum level). Was thinking about Weisshorn, Zinalrothorn, Ober Gabelhorn etc.. But if it's nearby Wallis it's also ok, because I have a car. I climb a lot in the Alps (all year) up to TD+ and I am 24 years. I'm a bit acclimatised and climbed in Chamonix and Austria the last month but I am now in the Netherlands. Please send a message to woutmartens90(at)gmail.com so we can see if it all fits.
Grtz. Wout
OP wout 12 Aug 2015
In reply to wout:

also in for chamonix!
 ben_drew 14 Aug 2015
In reply to wout:

Hi there

I'm not quite at your required experience level, but urgently seeking partner for the coming week.

I am in the Chamonix area from 15th - 22nd August. Looking for a partner to do some easyish Alpine peaks - F to AD grade. If this does not look likely, I could be open to some general trad. I would be up for seconding slightly harder peaks - perhaps D.

Male, 28

From West Sussex, UK

Mobile number: +44 (0)7961611459

I have trad kit and alpine kit. Experience is as below:

-Trad - Have led a variety of Severe routes in South Wales, Cornwall and
North Wales, one HS route. Seconded many routes up to HVS.
-Mixed climbing - led one Grade II, and seconded many Grade IIs in Scotland
-Alps - Did a PYB alpine course in the Alps three years ago. This was before I could
lead climb though. On our final day we ascended Aigulle de Tour. In 2014, have explored some AD peaks, both unsuccessful, but learnt lots from it.
-Mountains - lots of winter and summer navigation in navigationally challenging parts of the UK.
-Altitude - have climbed at about 6000m in Pakistan - ice at 45 degrees
at the steepest I would say, but challenging with the thinner air and
Pakistani heat!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...