UKC

Eddy has sprung a leak!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Martin W 13 Aug 2015
My Camelbak Eddy has started leaking. It has always been perfectly behaved before. I think it's leaking around the screw for the lid. I had a look at it last night and couldn't see anything obviously wrong - no cracks or anything in the plastic - but I did notice that there wasn't any kind of sealing ring/washer at the top of the screw thread. Now the thing is, I can't remember whether it used to have one.

Could someone else with an Eddy have a look at theirs and tell me whether there1 is supposed to be a sealing ring in there?

If not then I guess I'm going to have to raise it as a warranty issue.
 jonnyjaffacake 14 Aug 2015
In reply to Martin W:
I couldn't see one in mine.
OP Martin W 14 Aug 2015
In reply to jonnyjaffacake: Hmm, that's kind of what I thought (my old Nalgene bottle, which seems to be made of similar materials, doesn't have one). I suspect it's either the bite valve or the cap itself which is leaking - I don't think the straw could be causing a leak. A pack of replacement bite valves costs almost as much as a new Eddy, so I'll definitely look at the warranty route first. The thing is only about a year old!
 toad 14 Aug 2015
In reply to Martin W:

Saw the thread title and this is what sprung to mind

youtube.com/watch?v=Jo4Wi6-XHL4&
OP Martin W 22 Aug 2015
Just a quick update to say that Chris at Burton McCall reacted very promptly when I got in touch through their web site, and sent me a complete new cap assembly for my Eddy. This seems to have done the trick, and my climbing shoes and chalk stayed dry in my pack this week

So a big thumbs up from here for Burton McCall's customer service.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...