UKC

The annoyance of midgies when climbing...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Martin W 13 Aug 2015
...especially when climbing indoors. Assuming that you count Ratho* as "indoors", since that's where I was getting midged yesterday evening. Mind you, it does have trees growing under the roof. (If I were them I'd do something about those: they are at the top of the rockface behind the original lead wall and I'd imagine there could be a risk of the roots destabilising the rock at some point. If that's where the midgies are coming from then all the more reason to get rid!)

* The climbing centre, not the quarry.
 planetmarshall 13 Aug 2015
In reply to Martin W:

Ah, Ratho. Where else can you get the experience of climbing indoors, outdoors?
 zimpara 13 Aug 2015
In reply to Martin W:

I am scratching my legs raw from itchy midge bites right now. AHHHHHH!!! They like me.
And you make a joke of some little roots destabilizing some rocks.
 Oogachooga 14 Aug 2015
In reply to zimpara:

Haha!!!! I knew I'd find you here.
OP Martin W 14 Aug 2015
In reply to zimpara:

> you make a joke of some little roots destabilizing some rocks.

Not really, no - especially when it's quarried rock which could very likely have hidden flaws from the original blasting. If it was an old, disused quarry outside it would just be one of the normal risks that climbers deal with on a regular basis. But this is inside the climbing centre, and at the top of a rock face to which are bolted the steel supports for a very large climbing wall. If I were the owner of the climbing centre I'd be worried about potential liability if the trees were left to grow.
 zimpara 14 Aug 2015
In reply to Martin W:
I'm more worried about my midgie bites going infected and me continuing to scratch them through the puss and goo because they're SO F*CKING ITCHY!!!
Post edited at 10:39

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...