UKC

Cheddar Gorge advice...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gaijin 15 Aug 2015
Hi all

I am shooting down to Cheddar tomorrow to pad out my SPA logbook. Can any locals or regulars recommend the best areawall to hit for a high concentration of VS climbs so I can maximize my climbing time without having to move around a lot?

Thanks
 zimpara 15 Aug 2015
In reply to Gaijin:

Matanuska (VS 4c)

Little Hopper (VS 4b) right next to one another. And rather good.
 Kemics 15 Aug 2015
In reply to Gaijin:

Depending on where you are coming from, if you can get over to the wye valley it would probably be way easier. Quite a lot of routes at cheddar dont see a lot of attention so might require cautious climbing
 beardy mike 15 Aug 2015
In reply to Gaijin:

Please be aware that the entire south side of the gorge is out of bounds at the moment. VS is a little thin on the ground hereabouts. The Tiers have a few in that sort of grade, but not masses and the others mentioned already, but otherwise you're on sport routes. Goblin Combe, Fairy Caves, Wyndcliff or Symmonds Yat would be a better shout for clocking single pitch trad...
OP Gaijin 15 Aug 2015
In reply to beardy mike:

This is the kind of post I wish I had this morning, then I could've grabbed a guide book.

Next question, where can I get a Symmonds Yat guide book or topo for tomorrow morning?!

(Leaving from Bristol.)
 beardy mike 15 Aug 2015
In reply to Gaijin:

Dicks climbing most likely in the old market. Although I'm not sure whether they're open Sunday morning. Failing that grab the lower Wye valley guide and do Wyndcliff or Shorncliff. You could most likely get a copy at Ellis Brighams...
 Puppythedog 16 Aug 2015
In reply to beardy mike: For Symond's Yat go via Gloucester and The Warehouse Climbing Centre for guides.
 zimpara 16 Aug 2015
In reply to Gaijin:

Send me an email. I'll hook you up

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...