UKC

Resoling Vapour V's

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 felixizzy 15 Aug 2015
Has any one resoled their Vapours?

I think I would rather do this instead of forking out another £100 this year but am wondering if they'll be any good. I have the new ones and the toes have gone floppy. I think they use softer rubber in the new ones cause my old ones seemed harder wearing plus they felt stiffer too but haven't done any research to bother confirming this. I'd quite like to get the new shoes resoled in the other rubber if thats possible...

Anyway, if you've done this and think it's worth doing, Let me know.

Cheers.
 1poundSOCKS 15 Aug 2015
In reply to felixizzy:

I got them done in Cornudella, near Siurana, for 27 euros I think. Well worth it. I also have the new Vapour V and I agree, they seem softer. I prefer the old ones.
In reply to felixizzy:

Got mine done at llanberis resoles with stealth rubber and now prefer them to another new pair that I have.

Richard
OP felixizzy 16 Aug 2015
In reply to Richard Justice:

Ok great, I'll send them off. Thanks.
Ysgo 17 Aug 2015
In reply to felixizzy:

I'd recommend Llanberis resoles as Torquill is a climber, and knows the shoes so aims to get them as close to their as-new state as possible.

The old Vapour V and the new ones are quite different from each other. I mean look at the sole. You've only got a half length sole on the new one! It's going to be softer. The rubber hasn't changed, it's still XS Edge, but watching the videos of the recent trade show it looks like the new lace up is going to be stiffer, so a bit more like the old ones. It's also got a full length outsole again. Definitely keen to try a pair on when they're out.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...