UKC

The Lagorai - igneous (porphyry) climbing in the Dolomites!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Casa Alfredino 15 Aug 2015
I just posted a blog http://www.casa-alfredino.co.uk/alpine-climbing/flower-power-is-back-nearly... about my first rock climbing in the Lagorai which is south of Moena and east of Trento in the Dolomites. There's the most fantastic igneous rock there, with 250m routes on perfect Porphyry and the route I almost completed (unfortunately rain stopped play) was called Flower Power, a 7 pitch 6b. The climbing was absolutely monsterously good - really some of the best I've done anywhere certainly in the Dolomites but I would say comparable to the very best I've done in Ailefroide, Tuolumne Meadows, amongst many others. How this area is not known about I just don't know - each pitch bar a 5b linking pitch would be a 2 star route in its own right, let alone linked up. If you want to get away from the Dolomite, I really can't recommend it enough. I've added this Tognazza and Colbricon Colbricon to the logbooks (although I still need to add routes to Colbricon) and will add more when I get the time. This area deserves more attention than it gets - we were on our own all day and didn't see a soul at the crag which has 8 or more routes with scope for more. Colbricon looks simply stunning and next time I'm there I will be back for more!
 jon 15 Aug 2015
In reply to Casa Alfredino:

Photos?
In reply to jon:
On the blog at the minute - I will upload them to UKC in a minute! Stupidly I didn't take masses and they're certainly not worthy of David Bailey...
Post edited at 20:31

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...