UKC

Matterhorn Logistics from Zermatt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nation1 22 Aug 2015
Hi looking for some information regarding getting to Cervinia from Zermatt for an attempt on the italian ridge.

Our plan was to get the lift from Zermatt to Klein Matterhorn then over to Testa Grigia and down to Plan Maison. I have just been informed by Cervinia mountain guides that the lifts closes on 06 September, which is two days after we arrive in Zermatt. Is it a case of getting lift to a different location and then walking? can someone advise?

Andrew
 jon 22 Aug 2015
In reply to nation1:

Klein Matterhorn will be open. From there walk down to Testa Grigia and turn right and down to the Theodul Pass. Go through this and walk down to Plan Maison.
OP nation1 22 Aug 2015
In reply to jon:

Great, have you done this yourself ? How long to plan maison from Kkein Matterhorn ?

Andrew
 jon 22 Aug 2015
In reply to nation1:

I've done it but with the lift. Depends how fast you walk down hill, I suppose. You shouldn't have any trouble - if you do, you'd better think twice about the Matterhorn
OP nation1 22 Aug 2015
In reply to jon:

Thanks for the info much appreciated.
 MG 22 Aug 2015
In reply to nation1:

Check the Italian ridge is open. There was major rockfall in July.
OP nation1 22 Aug 2015
In reply to MG:
Yes it's open been in touch with cervinia mountain guides.

Has anyone walked from Klein Matterhorn to Carrel hut ? Wondering what timings I'm looking at.... I know it's a trek but wondering if anyone has a rough time.
Post edited at 18:35

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...