UKC

Ailefroide in a Van

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James Malloch 23 Aug 2015
I'm heading to Ailefroide in a few weeks and wondered if anyone knew of a decent place to park up in a van?

Thanks
James
 AJM 23 Aug 2015
In reply to James Malloch:

We were only around there a night or two but I think we spent one night up on the roadside somewhere between ailefroide and the next village down, and one night we went up into fressiniere I think it was, theres some sort of tourist thing there for a mine and we parked up therefor a night.
 cha1n 23 Aug 2015

Just make sure the spot doesn't belong to the camp ground (they have little signs to show where not to park). We just parked as close to the climbing (bouldering) as possible, metres away.
 MttSnr 24 Aug 2015

There is no shortage of parking in the area. I was there at the start of the summer and it was very quiet, although I think it gets busier further into the season. If you drive up past the campsite and then though the village, there's a parking spot on the right just after the bridge. I don't remember no overnight stay signs, but I wasn't looking. If you head about half a click further up the road, I'm sure you'll find lots of space.

Alternatively, the campsite is very cheap and awesome.
OP James Malloch 01 Sep 2015

Many thanks for the replies! Sounds like we should be okay then!

Any decent spots to stop on the way or should we stick with font?
 Martin Haworth 01 Sep 2015
From mid September it starts to get quiet in Ailefroide, there is a free car park at the top end of the village, you should be OK in there.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...