UKC

NEWS: IFSC Lead World Cup: Stavanger

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 24 Aug 2015
Jain Kim of Korea in Stavanger, 3 kbThe fourth round of the 2015 IFSC Lead World Cup took place for the first time ever in Norway last weekend. In the women's event, Slovenia's Mina Markovic took Gold for the third time this year and Gautier Supper of France took home his second Gold of the season so far.

Read more
DanGreb 24 Aug 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Supper has taken in to another level. Last year he was clearly weaker than Schubert, Amma, Skofic, McColl etc. and now he looks the strongest (along with Desgranges). I wonder how he would do on rock. I remember reading about Desgranges being very close on Chilam Balam after only trying it for a day or two.
 abarro81 24 Aug 2015
In reply to DanGreb:

Someone should do an interview with him asking what he's switched up in his training... hint hint!
 stp 24 Aug 2015
In reply to DanGreb:

Supper attributes his improvement this year to moving towns and training in a different gym.

Definitely interesting to see how they do on rock - comp routes are quite different (less cruxy) and results to a certain extent involve quite a bit of luck too. For instance it looked like Ondra used a different harder looking sequence than the others at this event so perhaps just down to misreading the route rather than being less strong.

But all the top lead climbers seem to be at 9a+ or 9b level so I imagine they'd do pretty well. Supper is off to try Biographie next week. I think Ondra is going to back to Flatanger.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...