UKC

Learning to Lead- teacher or fellow learner wanted

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
figure8 24 Aug 2015
Hi,

I'm looking to learn to lead climb indoors in Sheffield. I either need a fellow learner to attend a course with me(as all are 2 minimum) or someone willing to teach me.

I am a member of The Foundry but am willing to go Awesome Walls or elsewhere. I climb indoors at around 6a/b currently.
If anyone is interested or has any advice on learning to lead Id most appreciate it.

Cheers

Rhod
 olddirtydoggy 24 Aug 2015
In reply to figure8:

Awesome walls will pair you up with somebody. I went on my own and climbed with a great guy who taught me quite a lot in the 2 hours and the instructor was excellent. They film you with an i-pad and go through your climb with excellent crit.
 Andy Hardy 25 Aug 2015
In reply to figure8:

Any of the walls in Sheffield will be able to sort out a course for you to learn the basics, but once that's done, you'll need a partner for any future sessions. I'd fill out your profile on here and post in lifts and partners, as well as chatting to people at the wall, Awesome Walls Stockport has a Facebook group to organise partners, see if your local walls do too. Maybe look at joining a local club.

Good luck

</bump>
 Chris Murray 25 Aug 2015
In reply to figure8:

There is an awesome walls social page on facebook. Quite a lot of people advertise for partners there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/awesomewallsuk/
 jsmcfarland 25 Aug 2015
In reply to figure8:

Climbing on an autobelay line with a short piece of rope on your harness to practise clipping the bolts on the way up is a good way to get some 'lead' time in if you have no partner and there are bolt hangers there

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...