UKC

Herman Miller

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Indy 24 Aug 2015
Just bought a Mira office desk and filing cabinet from John Lewis for a small office in a property I recently bought. It was displayed with a Herman Miller Aeron office chair. Looks fine but before I spend that much money is it genuinely comfortable for a couple of hours of sitting/working or is it more of a fashion/name thing.
Thanks
 wbo 24 Aug 2015
In reply to Indy: wouldn't be mt choice. Too many wheels, so it will creep and far too fancy.

Why on earth buy this stuff from John Lewis , home of mediocrity? Go to a proper furniture shop if you want to spend on designer furniture

OP Indy 24 Aug 2015
In reply to wbo:
too many wheels?? creep?? explain?

JL has stock and can deliver at a time to suit me not the delivery company plus if anything goes wrong they'll sort it. Can I walk into a trendy office furniture shop point at a chair pay for it and be out in 5 minutes.... nope.

Anyway, is it comfortable for multi-hour sitting?
Post edited at 22:33
 Quiddity 24 Aug 2015
In reply to Indy:
I love mine. Wouldn't give it up for anything. I work from home a lot and had persistent back/neck problems exacerbated by sitting for too long in crap office chairs. Long story short - got a reconditioned Aeron off ebay, it still wasn't cheap but never looked back. I can do 8 hours work in it, then in the evening often end up just sitting in it to watch tv/read/browse the internet as it's the most comfortable chair in the house for me. The only down side is pretty much every other office chair is crap by comparison. You might want to spend a bit of time sitting in one to see if it's going to work for you though before you commit to buying one as it is a bit of an investment.
Post edited at 23:01
 wbo 25 Aug 2015
In reply to Indy: I'm very old fashioned in what I want from a chair, so pretty hard and basic works for me. But chairs with wheels I do not like as they move, creep around.

There is a ton of personal preference here, ergo Id go to a shop with a lot of chairs and not JLw

Fraser 25 Aug 2015
In reply to Indy:

I tried an Aeron at work for a while and really didn't get on with it. IIRC there are different sizes available however so I perhaps didn't have the correct size. (FWIW I got a 'Steelcase Gesture' ergonomic chair instead, which is superb)

I'm a fairly regular JLP customer, particularly for their electrical items. Great service and if there's ever an issue and I need to return / complain, they always do the right thing and give a full refund or replacement, no questions asked.
In reply to Indy:

I have sat in one for the last 6 years and i'm ok. Probably 5000 of the things in my office. Not many walking sticks or hobblers. I reckon you will be fine

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...