UKC

Chrome 'save link'

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I just tried to save a UKC page using 'save link' in android chrome. I've done this lots of times before, and it happily dumped the HTML to 't(xx).HTML', where xx is an incrementing number, in Downloads. I did this as recently as 12 August.

I've just tried again, and it's resolutely refusing to save anything, or even do anything.

And no, I haven't 'upgraded' chrome; I've turned off auto update for all apps, and turned off check for update.

Any ideas? Unsurprisingly, Google isn't finding anything obviously useful...
Removed User 25 Aug 2015
In reply to captain paranoia:
Update Chrome and see if it works then. You should be keeping your browser up to date - browser based security plays a HUGE part in protecting users from various forms of malware, much more so than an antivi does these days. You should be running the latest version along with ublock and ghostery as addons.
Post edited at 00:35
In reply to Removed User:

I went down the 'IT response #1' route, and re-booted the Android device. Problem solved.

It used to work with the version of Chrome I'm running. So it should have continued to work with the unchanged version. Therefore, it wasn't an issue with the version of Chrome. It must have just got itself a bit confused.

I upgrade software in light of update notes and user reviews. Google app user reviews have been showing a downward spiral recently, since they seem to be letting their software developers play for no good reason, removing features, breaking others. I have a 'sacrificial machine' I use to evaluate updates, and roll out 'stable versions' to my other machines.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...