UKC

Topo of cocking tor & Bradley edge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 James rogers86 30 Aug 2015
Bradley Edge and Quarry Hi dose anyone have a decent topo for the Bradley edge boulders as the one in the peak bouldering guide is abit crap?
 Offwidth 30 Aug 2015
In reply to James rogers86:
The area is in two guidebooks (most detail in Froggat) and online with even more info on the peak archive. I'm pretty critical of areas I know where information is obscure and in this case its not, so maybe you need to look inwards. If there is a desperate need for a better topo to help the info, why not produce one?
Post edited at 10:39
In reply to Offwidth:

Thanks Mr offwit if i don't find a better topo in any of your suggested sources I will set about making my own and update you on my progress thanks agin for your help.
In reply to Offwidth:
Thanks this is dead helpful I've also managed to find a decent pdf it will be nice to finally know what I've been cilmbing all these years as I used to live right near here.
 Bolehillbilly 01 Sep 2015
In reply to James rogers86:

Hi James,
Thanks for the spot on Hamper's last week.
I can email you some info as promised now I've fixed my PC...
Marc
 Offwidth 02 Sep 2015
In reply to Bolehillbilly:

Has the summer jungle been tamed yet at Bradley Quarry such that the lower boulders can be accessed?
 Bolehillbilly 02 Sep 2015
In reply to Offwidth:

Yes, I can be awkward to get around in late summer, I once made the mistake of wearing shorts. I haven't been down since early spring but I know of at least one keen party who have been down to Swingers/House/1915 recently. I'd wear longs and take a pruning device at this time of year, using a pad as a steamroller also helps. Last time I was there a few things needed a quick brush to remove some dusty green but otherwise ok. The top stuff around Il Pleut was very green.
 Offwidth 02 Sep 2015
In reply to Bolehillbilly:

Cheers for the info.

We made the daft decision of 'steamrollering' down from Chasecliffe once (the old guide said park at the bottom??) ... an experience to remember rather than repeat but oddly satisfying if it wasnt for the dust, the flies, the unexpected drops, etc.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...