UKC

Cortina D'Amprezzo Via Ferrata

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
DKS 31 Aug 2015
Hey there,

I am looking into going to do some Hut to Hut Via Ferrata in the Dolomites in early July 2016.

I rock climb weekly, have done Piz Da Cir VF once and found it pretty easy. I am fairly fit but will obviously
step up my training a bit.

I am looking for a challenge but im not sure if im being too ambitious.

I am looking into maybe starting off at Rif.Scotoni ( Sleeping the night there) or anywhere else for that matter

Day 2: Hike to Cima de Lago and do VF Tomaselli + finish at Rif.Lagezuoi

Day 3: Hike to VF G.Lipella and finish off at Rif.Dibona

Day 4: Hike to VF Punta Anna + Tofana Di Mezzo + finishing off the day by catching the cable car down to Cortina D'Amprezzo.

Any suggestions will be appreciated, as this is just an idea and I could change around things.

I do not even have to be in the Cortina D'Amprezzo area, but I am looking into having a challenge.

Also Im not sure if I should hire a car or not.

Many thanks

Dirk

digby 31 Aug 2015
In reply to DKS:

Just use the buses. Much cheaper and not difficult. Sounds like a great plan! Offhand I can't remember the other days but day 4 is BIG so you need to start early, as the last cable car down is quite early too. I had all of two minutes to enjoy the view
DKS 02 Sep 2015
In reply to DKS:

Thanks Digby! Any other suggestions will be highly appreciated from anyone!

Toerag 03 Sep 2015
In reply to DKS:

You may have trouble with snow in early July? Isn't Tofana pretty high?
DKS 03 Sep 2015
In reply to Toerag:

Thanks Toerag

To be honest im not too sure if there will be snow that time of year, thats one of the points of asking for advice Does anyone know if it will still be snowy early July please? Thanks
 beardy mike 03 Sep 2015
In reply to DKS: Depends on how much it snows the winter before. On high routes, there will be snow. In some gullies especially facing north or away from the worst of the sun, there will be too. If you plan on these sorts of routes, carrying a light ice axe is no bad thing just to get across the worst of it safely... otherwise you're into stabbing neve with you bare hands for hand holds and kicking steps with your feet which is always a drag...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...