UKC

Milly-la-Foret Aire de Camping

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bertbee 31 Aug 2015
Hi,

I'm heading to Font tomorrow. I usually stay at la Musardiere, but getting there in the early hours so planning on sleeping in the van at the aire de camping near Milly.

Has anyone stayed there? Are there any issues with opening the barrier?

Alternatively, would it be ok to stay in the van at the car park near Rocher aux Sabots? Not sure what the culture is for sleeping in vans in the crag car parks - am I likely to get hassle?

Cheers
 cha1n 31 Aug 2015
In reply to Bertbee:

No issues with the barrier last year. We stayed there a few times but the adjacent car park is popular with the local youths in their cars. The Sabot car park can also be busy with locals doing... things... in the car park until late.

If I was going to sleep in a van overnight personally, then I'd do so in the Franchard carpark. If you really wanted to stay local, then the 95.2 car park is quieter. Of course you're not meant to stay in any of them, so I'm sure someone will be on here telling you not to do so shortly...
 HeMa 01 Sep 2015
In reply to Bertbee:

I'd just sleep in the p-lot of the bivouac north of Bourlon-Marlotte (on D58). There's camping tables & benches for breakfast and a well for water.
 Adrien 01 Sep 2015
In reply to Bertbee:

In addition to the Grande vallée bivouac at the maison forestière of Bourron-Marlotte, there's another one next to the maison forestière in Bois-le-Roi where you can stay for free.

About the Roche (not Rocher) aux Sabots, if I'm not mistaken it's forbidden to stay there overnight but I don't think you'd actually be sanctioned for this, as long as you don't smoke (anywhere in the forest for that matter) or make a fire. Even though we're finally getting some rain there was a fire in Bois Rond just last week...
OP Bertbee 01 Sep 2015
In reply to Bertbee:

This is really useful information - thanks everyone.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...