UKC

Euro bolt clipping with a nice beach and vibe in September

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CurlyStevo 01 Sep 2015

Hi,
I'm thinking of a not too expensive holiday sport climbing with a lady friend in 2-3 weeks time, it doesn't have to be Europe but I don't want to spend too much on flights / hotels. I'd prefer somewhere not too touristy and where the beach and crag are pretty accessible. It doesn't have to be the best climbing in the world if the place is really nice. Obviously reliable weather is a bonus and it would be better if there is some climbing in the shade and also if its generally not too crazy hot in the day time.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Stevo
Post edited at 11:05
 Šljiva 01 Sep 2015
In reply to CurlyStevo: Croatia?

Wiley Coyote2 01 Sep 2015
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Sardinia?
OP CurlyStevo 01 Sep 2015
In reply to Šljiva:

Where abouts in Croatia were you thinking? I've always fancied going there...
 ChrisBrooke 01 Sep 2015
In reply to CurlyStevo:
Calanques?

Hvar in Croatia is pretty damn cool. Google Cliffbase.
Post edited at 11:47
 Šljiva 01 Sep 2015
In reply to CurlyStevo: Paklenica is pretty cool and one side or the other will be in the shade, and see Steve McClure's recent blog about Ciffbase. Love the country myself, climbing or otherwise.

In reply to ChrisBrooke & Kisten:
Do you think it may be a bit too cool / rainy at that time of year in Croatia - it would the 2nd last week of September or there abouts, I guess spain or one of the Mediterranean islands is more of a sure thing but may be too hot.
Post edited at 13:14
 Anoetic 01 Sep 2015
In reply to CurlyStevo:

with the current weather report for September, shipwreck cove sounds about right
 Owen W-G 01 Sep 2015
In reply to Anoetic:

Another vote for Paklenica in Croatia. September is the month to visit. Great climbing, food and weather.
If possible fly to Debrovnik and get ferry up coast, stopping of at Hvar enroute.
 KTC 01 Sep 2015
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Kalymnos?
In reply to KTC:
Yeah I was thinking of that too but the flights are all pretty expensive and long leaving from Scotland at the moment.
Post edited at 15:12
 ChrisBrooke 01 Sep 2015
In reply to CurlyStevo:

I went to Croatia a couple of years ago, last two weeks of Sept. Weather was pretty spot on, but of course that's no guarantee for this year!
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Antalya maybe? You'd want a car but flights are easy and there is coastal climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...