UKC

Pembroke-bank hols. Did I miss much.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ann S 01 Sep 2015
Had been hoping to spend this BH at Pembroke, but family care issues blew my plans out the water. Just wondering what the weather was like and if those who went got much done.
 luke glaister 01 Sep 2015
In reply to Ann S:

I hate to say it Ann. But u missed out. Monday being the best day. Sunburnt nose and neck. .. my highlights were riders on the storm. And cool for cats. 2 amazing routes at there grades. And we seen pete whittaker Sunday and Neil mawson Monday. Both were top men.
Luke.
OP Ann S 01 Sep 2015
In reply to luke glaister:

Thanks Luke. My misery meter just went ding into the red. Riders on the storm has been on my hit list, with suitable leader for a couple of years now. I am not familiar with C for C but glad you had a great trip. Pembroke gave me lots of my magical memories.

The Pylon King 01 Sep 2015

Didnt it just piss it down sat and sun?
 Ciderslider 01 Sep 2015
In reply to Ann S:

I'm currently down on holiday with the family, and although no climbing have had a really nice weekend sussing out where everything is inc pubs etc. Saw Caff and Pete on Trevellen on Sat and Steaky on Mother Scary's yesterday. All absolutely top trumps top bananas - and the weather is still fab
 gethin_allen 01 Sep 2015
In reply to Ann S:

Gower was beautiful on Saturday, it rained all day non stop on Sunday then after a shower was fine on Monday. Not sure what it was like over the water in pembroke.
OP Ann S 01 Sep 2015
In reply to gethin_allen:

Never climbed on the Gower I'm afraid. I need to get out more.

OP Ann S 01 Sep 2015
In reply to Ciderslider:

Glad to see you got the priority right, climbing and pubs, though I tend to reverse the order.

Ciderslider 01 Sep 2015
In reply to Ann S:

Family holiday so it would be more than my life's worth to bugger off climbing still off to the Peak this weekend climbing
 jon_gill1 02 Sep 2015
In reply to Ann S:

Had an ace weekend in Pembroke!after years of waiting to get a slot on Rock idol I finally ticked it off on Sunday before later catching my mate taking a huge whipper and taring the sheath on his right hand rope on cool for cats before driving him to A+E for assessment on his ankle which thankfully wasn't broken,then went on to have an awesome day on Monday in the sun with my two other mates whilst my mate soaked up sun and licked his wounds!
OP Ann S 02 Sep 2015
In reply to Ann S:

Thanks to all responders-you've cheered me up no end- not.

Maybe next year!!

luke glaister 02 Sep 2015
In reply to jon_gill1:

Glad to hear he was OK Jon. I was the one who set up the abseil to retrieve his gear. I got on it the day after.
Luke.
In reply to Urgles:

We went gower Sunday morning and it was hammering it down. So went on to pembroke and it was very light drizzle. But still very climbable. And Monday was sunny as hell.
Luke
 jon_gill1 02 Sep 2015

Thanks again Luke!you guys were really helpful. Didn't get back to the camp site till 1am and not a beer in site
In reply to jon_gill1:

No worries Jon. Glad all was OK in the long term. And we sank a few for u anyways. Hahah.
Luke
 GrahamD 02 Sep 2015
In reply to Ann S:

You shouldn't have asked. It was both warm and uncrowded in North Pembroke all weekend. Especially on the Gabro away from the Rockfax honey pots.
OP Ann S 02 Sep 2015
In reply to GrahamD:

Only ever had a wander along the tops at North Pembroke. I'm supposed to have a long standing date with Armorican if I ever get back there.

jon_gill1 02 Sep 2015
In reply to Ann S:

Doesn't everyone?

Anyone heard how the injured person/s are doing from Monday at chapel head area?looked like quite an operation with two choppers and all the land crew!our thoughts go to those involved.
 GrahamD 02 Sep 2015
In reply to Ann S:

If you are going to spend any time there, definitely get the definitive cc guide.There is so much to go at and plenty of non tidal options which is useful.
OP Ann S 02 Sep 2015
In reply to GrahamD:

Thanks for that Graham. I'll look out for it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...