UKC

Bhutan - treking trip advice.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Goucho 01 Sep 2015
I've always wanted to go to Bhutan, therefore Mrs Goucho and I are looking at possibly doing an adventure trek there next year.

I am aware that any treking/climbing above 6,000 meters was banned in 1996, but I have seen companies offering what look like interesting multi-day treks up to 5000 meters - including the 'Bhutan Snowman' trek which is a 30 day trek crossing a number of passes of 4 - 5000 meters in height - starting and finishing in Kathmandu.

However before doing anything, I thought I would see if the great and good of UKC had any experience/advice first?

G.
In reply to Goucho:

Not been trekking in Bhutan, but took a trip there a couple of years ago and it was a lovely experience. The Snowman trek is the big draw, I know, and a couple of people I've spoken to who've done it means it's on my Lottery Win Bucket List. I'm skint again right now, but I'll start saving the pennies.

I'm assuming you already know the cost

(And also that whilst you fly Kathmandu to Paro, the trek is all in Bhutan)

I'd thoroughly recommend another week to see the sights - the Tiger Nest monastery was a particular highlight.
OP Goucho 01 Sep 2015
In reply to Martin not maisie:

> Not been trekking in Bhutan, but took a trip there a couple of years ago and it was a lovely experience. The Snowman trek is the big draw, I know, and a couple of people I've spoken to who've done it means it's on my Lottery Win Bucket List. I'm skint again right now, but I'll start saving the pennies.

> I'm assuming you already know the cost

> (And also that whilst you fly Kathmandu to Paro, the trek is all in Bhutan)

> I'd thoroughly recommend another week to see the sights - the Tiger Nest monastery was a particular highlight.

Thanks for the advice - especially the extra week sightseeing.

And Yes, I'm aware of the cost

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...