UKC

Boreal Crux vs Marduk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 beardy mike 03 Sep 2015
So, having left my blaze shoes at my place in Italy I came home shoeless, and dug out my ancient boreal Cruxs. I always liked them and said eventually I'd get them resoled. Using them again, they were si much more precise than the shoes I've been using for the last few years. So seeing as the reason I stopped using them was the rand was blown, I got them redone with 5.10 onyx... Damn, they're so good. So I thought I'd look at the boreal range and of course they've dropped the Crux. So is the marduk the direct replacement? It looks and sounds pretty similar reading reviews. But I'm wondering if anybody has experience of both and if they can give the lowdown...
 john arran 03 Sep 2015
In reply to beardy mike:

I've had both. The Crux used was once my favourite shoe and the Marduk is currently my favourite. This may have a lot to do with the Zenith rubber being much better than previous versions but also the shoe seems to give me the same precision and edging ability while being a bigger size and therefore more comfortable. Maybe it's inherently stiffer - it's certainly retaining its stiffness far longer from new than the crux ever did - but it doesn't feel like I lose much in terms of feeling. Progress is good. I'm guessing I may want something different if I still climbed a lot on grit though.
OP beardy mike 03 Sep 2015
In reply to john arran:
Thanks John, just what I needed to know. Honestly don't why boreals aren't more popular. All you ever seen to see are the really basic shoes...
Post edited at 21:09
 phil456 05 Sep 2015
In reply to beardy mike:

Perhaps is because Jokers go to uk 15, lol
 stp 06 Sep 2015
In reply to beardy mike:

I was recently asking about Boreals in a climbing shop. I knew the person who is a very good experienced climber. The model that he immediately recommended was the Lynx. It's lace up rather than velcro but it's meant to be a really good high performance shoe.
 Grums 06 Sep 2015
In reply to stp:

I've been looking at the Lynx but haven't been able to try and pair on. Have you tried them yourself? How would they fair for an all day shoe, not just higher grade stuff but lower grade as well VD - E3 type routes, granite, cracks etc as well as bouldering? Also, what would they be like comfort wise and sizing wise? Cheers.
OP beardy mike 06 Sep 2015
In reply to Grums: the crux is what I use up to e3 and they're great. Comfortable and precise. If the Lynx is effectively a laced version of the Marduk...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...