UKC

Pen y Gwryd Gwynedd Parking Fine -- valid signage help please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tallsteve 09 Sep 2015
I need some info regarding the legal signage requirements council's must meet for a Pay and Display car park.

I parked on the Gwynedd side of Pen y Gwryd on some nice concrete parking bays beside the road and path up to Pen y Pass. Sadly I failed to notice the ticket machine. I failed to notice because:
1. The machine is inside a green box and can only be seen if you are opposite it and there is no car in the way. The green box (a weather thing I expect) has no signage on the outside whatsoever saying what lies within.
2. The only two small P&D signs are waist height, about the size of an A4 piece of paper and easily obscured by parked cars.

I intend to appeal on the grounds that they need to sign adequately, but can't find anything in t'internet about the laws councils must follow. Help in this regard would be appreciated.

If you have successfully appealed then I would also like to know on what grounds you appealed.
In reply to tallsteve: Join www.pepipoo.com and they will sort you out in an informed and meaningful way.

Grumps 09 Sep 2015
In reply to tallsteve:

There's a new free web site reported in today's paper DoNotPay.co.uk
It seems you type in details and it will provide a letter of appeal
OP tallsteve 10 Sep 2015
In reply to Frank the Husky:

Thanks for that. I'll take a look.
 balmybaldwin 10 Sep 2015
In reply to tallsteve:

Did you honestly think such prime parking spaces would be free? of course the council could plaster the whole area with pay and display signs. wouldn't that be lovely.
 Neil Williams 10 Sep 2015
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Parking in laybys normally is free. They could always mark it on the road.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...