UKC

Indoor wall shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tigger 10 Sep 2015
Hi folks,
Could anyone recommend me a hard wearing reasonably price pair of indoor rock shoes?
I have been climbing in anasazis but moved to miura vs (on sale) due to the fact that nothing I did would stop them smelling (despite usually have odourless feet). I find the miuras a much better shoe but too expensive and pretty fragile for trashing at the wall.
Thanks!
 Dandan 10 Sep 2015
In reply to Tigger:

I usually just buy whatever is going cheap at GoOutdoors or bananafingers that week, mooching about in mediocre shoes at the wall just makes your good shoes feel even better at the crag.
I couldn't even tell you the name of the ones I'm currently using, but I do know they only cost me £30.
 neuromancer 10 Sep 2015
In reply to Tigger:

Everyone always talks about using cheap and crap shoes in the gym, but I've never seen a single climber pulling above f6a or v3 do so indoors in crap shoes.

Contrary to that, every time I go to font there's some old duffer cruising sixes and sevens in eb's or five tens with more toe than rubber showing.

I'm inclined to believe indoor climbing is more of a fashion parade than we're willing to admit.

For me I just retire my good shoes when there's a hole in them and wear them. I consider it reverse-cool.
 zimpara 10 Sep 2015
In reply to Tigger:

For the money evolve defy's are very hard to beat.
Donald82 10 Sep 2015
In reply to Tigger:

You can pick up last year's scarpa vapour vs or lace pretty cheap. Comfy, tough, pretty good all round performance,
 andrewmc 10 Sep 2015
In reply to zimpara:
£50 in Go Outdoors - bargain

and probably significantly better than the £40 'Crux' shoes - Defy's are excellent shoes for smearing, if not edging.
Post edited at 09:44
 Dandan 10 Sep 2015
In reply to neuromancer:

> Everyone always talks about using cheap and crap shoes in the gym, but I've never seen a single climber pulling above f6a or v3 do so indoors in crap shoes.

I climb about f7c and V8+ indoors on cheap shoes, it's perfectly do-able
 neuromancer 10 Sep 2015
In reply to Dandan:

I wasn't putting this out there as a chance for a cock-measuring contest; merely an observation.

I would posit that you are one of the few.
 andrewmc 10 Sep 2015
In reply to Dandan:

> I climb about f7c and V8+ indoors on cheap shoes, it's perfectly do-able

Out of curiosity, how cheap/which shoes?
 Dandan 10 Sep 2015
In reply to neuromancer:

> I wasn't putting this out there as a chance for a cock-measuring contest; merely an observation.

> I would posit that you are one of the few.

I wasn't putting it out there as a chance for you to measure my cock, merely adding some numbers to disprove your statement. If I had said 'I climb harder than that in crap shoes', then that could mean I still only climb f6b, quantifying how hard I climb shows that I, at least, climb *significantly* harder than f6a in cheap shoes.

I wouldn't posit that I am one of the few either, (aside from the fact that I am guessing what 'posit' means), my current indoor partner also climbs in cheap(ish) shoes, and he climbs harder than me. He uses the Andrea Boldrini slipper which, according to him, weighs in around £60, and he swears by them. I'll admit that's ap retty small sample size, but I'm not alone

Dandan 10 Sep 2015
In reply to andrewmcleod:

I honestly can't recall, they are plain grey with a high rand that goes quite far back along the shoe, not at all downturned, possibly Scarpa... they were on offer on Banana fingers a good while ago, probably a stock clearance but they were £30 or thereabouts. I'll post if it comes to me.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...