UKC

grip rests for petzl/charlet pulsar axes???

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pj84 11 Sep 2015
looking for some grip rests to fit older style petzl/charlet pulsar axes, anybody know what types would fit these axes to go leashless?
cheers , Adam
 Mark Haward 11 Sep 2015
In reply to Pj84:

Needle sports website used to have some good info on this - what brands fitted what axes etc. Worth giving them a call.
In reply to Pj84:

I genuinely don't think you'll get the true benefits of leashless, retro fitting rests on these tools. The geometry and pick shift as a result, try invest in modern, curved tools with proper handles.

Stuart
 TobyA 12 Sep 2015
In reply to Stuart the postie:

> I genuinely don't think you'll get the true benefits of leashless, retro fitting rests on these tools.

Totally agree with Stuart. I had Pulsars for many years - excellent tools, but NOT using them with leashes was not in the designers' minds when they designed them. With straight shafts or even the kinked version, you use them by taking most of your weight via the wrist loop with a relatively loose grip on the shaft.

I would either just keep using them with wrist loops or try and flog them and buy purposely designed leashless tools.
In reply to TobyA:

Hi Toby,

We seem to be of a similar mould, I had straight purple Pulsars, what colour were yours?

Stuart
 TobyA 12 Sep 2015
 alasdair19 14 Sep 2015
In reply to TobyA:
I lusted after pulsars when younger. there was am incredible picture on the cover if the rockies ice guide of Joe josephson climbing this mental ice roof body horizontal..

TobyA 14 Sep 2015
In reply to alasdair19:

It was these pics that sold me on a pair over Vertige! https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/03/fa/b6/03fab69223cc2ad29fc6ec57...
 DaveHK 14 Sep 2015
In reply to Stuart the postie:

> I genuinely don't think you'll get the true benefits of leashless, retro fitting rests on these tools. The geometry and pick shift as a result, try invest in modern, curved tools with proper handles.

> Stuart

Remember the ones erick made for his axars?
In reply to DaveHK:

Yes I do. The geometry lends itself better, though certainly wouldn't want to place ones hand, higher up his shaft! He also beefed up the handles on those DMM things, I could barely grasp them!!

Stuart

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...