NEWS: One New Munro Top Found; Another Is Demoted

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKH News 11 Sep 2015
height survey news FB image, 5 kbG&J Surveys, the team behind several revisions of mountain heights, have found one brand new Munro Top above Drumochter, and one demotion from the list on the Tarmachan Ridge.

Read more
 stevesmith 11 Sep 2015
In reply to UKH News:

Very interesting - I bet Sir Hugh would be amazed by all this GPS kit.

However - your intro mentions "283 Munros" - are you sure? I thought there were now 282, after the demotion of Beinn a'Chlaidheimh?

With 7 to go, I need to know!
In reply to stevesmith:

You're right Steve - I think you've still got only 7 to go. Thanks for spotting that. Obviously I can't keep up.
 stevesmith 11 Sep 2015
That's a relief!

dbarmbs 15 Sep 2015
In reply to UKH News:

Then why on OS Maps online service is Creag na Caillich shown as 916 metres and Mullach Coire nan Cisteachan shown as 914 metrs?
 malky_c 15 Sep 2015
In reply to dbarmbs:

No doubt this is why the survey was carried out - because somebody suspected these numbers to be wrong. If the survey has been carried out to the correct standard, then the OS will adopt the findings in the next revision of their maps. It won't be immediate though - it isn't OpenMaps.
 Sean Kelly 16 Sep 2015
In reply to UKH News:

I well remember that bog during a very wet traverse of the 2 Munros last July, probably one of the worst days of a very wet summer fortnight. But how this minor elevation can be designated a Top and Sgurr na Laipach in Glen Affric is not a separate Munro beats me!
 Fidget 06 Oct 2015
In reply to UKH News:

Where did the '255 listed tops' come from? In all the information I have it says 227.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...