UKC

Shout out to Dick's Climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PPP 11 Sep 2015
I needed couple of DMM Offsets and couldn't find any shop which stocked enough units. So I ordered from Dick's Climbing with hopes that they will get them more in stock soon (I was promised so).

I placed the order on Tuesday with Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery. The parcel was sent on Wednesday and apparently, they used Royal Mail 24 Hour Delivery, so I got it delivered on Thursday. Hand written compliments card was added as well. What a brilliant service!
 MonkeyPuzzle 11 Sep 2015
In reply to PPP:

Good people.
 Martin Hore 11 Sep 2015
In reply to PPP:

Much the same excellent service from Dick's Climbing myself a few months ago.

Martin
 Kemics 11 Sep 2015
In reply to PPP:

Always been hands down the best shop in Bristol area but it's great they are offering a competitive online service too. I think new website a while back helped a bit.
 Richard Hall 11 Sep 2015
In reply to PPP:

Thanks a lot for the shout out and thanks again for the order.

We sent it first class rather than second because you said you needed it for the weekend - it's always better to be sure and it only costs us about a pound extra.

We do get a lot of positive reviews, which I am really pleased about, but to be honest I don't really see why. It's not that hard, you get orders, then you send out the stuff on those orders, ideally pretty swiftly and to the correct address. The fact that people seem to find our service good does make me wonder what other eCommerce businesses are doing wrong!

Dick
 sbc_10 11 Sep 2015
In reply to Richard Hall:

Excellent all round. We, as a school were very pleased with the service offered. It was the price on a special deal that did it for us. Nowhere else came close. Thanks Dick, will keep looking for those specials, keep them coming.
 Mick Ward 11 Sep 2015
In reply to Richard Hall:

> We do get a lot of positive reviews, which I am really pleased about, but to be honest I don't really see why. It's not that hard...

Once you get your head around the logistics of any business, hey, it's just the logistics, you can get better at it. But beyond a certain point, many people cease to get better at it. They reach a comfort level, things are kind of OK, nobody's actually complaining, it's pretty good, isn't it? Well no actually, it's mediocrity and when some lean, mean, hungry dudes come into your market, suddenly it's, "Goodnight, Vienna."

My guess is that you simply care about what you do, folk pick up on that (I did) and that caring translates into a better deal for the customer. No, t'ain't rocket science but if folk are grateful (I was), it's telling you that you're doing stuff more or less right.

Just keep on doing it!

Mick

Ryan Parle 11 Sep 2015
In reply to PPP:

I've only been climbing a few months but have bought most of my kit from Dicks Climbing, I live near bristol so i've always gone in to the store, Really good service, friendly advice & unlike most of the other places around that sell climbing gear here you know that the guys selling the stuff actually climb so they know what they are talking about.
 Richard Hall 11 Sep 2015
In reply to Mick Ward:

> things are kind of OK, nobody's actually complaining, it's pretty good, isn't it? Well no actually, it's mediocrity....

Very true. My feeling exactly.

Thanks for the kind words.

Dick

Richard Hall 11 Sep 2015
In reply to sbc_10:

I'll do my best to!

Glad to hear you are happy.

Dick
 Richard Hall 11 Sep 2015
In reply to Ryan Parle:

Good to hear Ryan. See you again soon.

Dick
 BALD EAGLE 12 Sep 2015
In reply to PPP:

> I needed couple of DMM Offsets and couldn't find any shop which stocked enough units. So I ordered from Dick's Climbing with hopes that they will get them more in stock soon (I was promised so).

> I placed the order on Tuesday with Royal Mail 2nd Class Delivery. The parcel was sent on Wednesday and apparently, they used Royal Mail 24 Hour Delivery, so I got it delivered on Thursday. Hand written compliments card was added as well. What a brilliant service!

Dick and Pete are legends! You always get top service from top guys and indubitably the best + only independent climbing shop in Brissle!
 Steve nevers 12 Sep 2015
In reply to PPP:

Yep, Top Shop, Good guys.
 solomonkey 13 Sep 2015
In reply to PPP:
I'm sure my order turned up in less than 24 hrs ! defiantly the most reliable
, I ordered something few Weeks back from (unnamed) took 3 Weeks for them to Reply (sorry no longer in stock ) ! I replied sorry I won't be shopping with you again .
10/10 for dicks
Post edited at 10:00
 sbc_10 13 Sep 2015
In reply to solomonkey:

Yes, I had actually bought a jacket a jacket on-line ( paid, accepted card, thank you very much e-mail reply, it will be delivered in 3 days etc) by a big Snowy and Rocky shop only to be told a week later that it too was out of stock.
Said item was still for sale when I looked again, and again.... computers, efficiency ?????
Then they sent me a review mail ....ha !!.... just how many words is 500 characters divided by 4.....???
 Nick Russell 13 Sep 2015
In reply to PPP:

I've always had great service, advice and conversation at Dick's : definitely recommended. Not completely on topic, but I'd also like to congratulate Dick on one of the more tasteful advertising banners on UKC!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...