UKC

Scotland Climbing Trip 16 - 20 Sep

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UncleMephisto 11 Sep 2015
So Me and a pal are off to bonny Scotland next Tuesday eve to Sunday and the weather looks dire all over. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to head for to get maximum dry rock? Long distances, logistical challenges and moving around are all accepted in the quest for dry rock, what are people's thoughts?
 CurlyStevo 11 Sep 2015
In reply to UncleMephisto:
The forecast this far in advance isn't to be believed anyway. You'll be looking for quick drying crags. Its not been a great summer for the mountain crags with many of them not really drying out very well.

Personally I'd hold off until Sunday eve before even thinking about second guessing the weather for weds / thurs, for days after that its still mostly guess work at that stage.

The wettest place in Scotland tends to be the west coast around fort William, its a bit drier further north in the NW highlands and on the islands, but often still wet. Generally the further east and lower you go the better the weather. There is also a tendency for it rain less on sea cliff crags than even 1/2 mile in land.
Post edited at 17:04
 MarcusP 12 Sep 2015
In reply to UncleMephisto:

Huntly's Cave was miraculously dry on a pretty wet weekend recently, and I believe is often so. Good climbing too.

Huntly's Cave

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...