UKC

Skoda Octavia estate boot size?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kemics 11 Sep 2015
Apparently UKCers are big fans of the octavia so I thought this is a good place to ask:

How big are the boots (with seats folded down) in a skoda octavia estate? Do you think the space is long enough to sleep (6ft tall)? I would like to buy the car to use as a weekend camper and cant afford a van. So just need a space long enough to lie down in
 JDC 11 Sep 2015
In reply to Kemics:
Would say so, but you'd need the boot floor levelling kit fitted (factory option?) to ensure a flat floor in the boot. Otherwise 4" step down into the boot. Even then, I'm not convinced the back seats in ours fold totally flat.
In reply to Kemics:

I'm only 5'6 and I think it would be difficult to stretch out fully in my 2012 model - though I've never tried it . I've got the boot levelling kit, and the rear seats do not fold flat unless you flip the rear seat squab - however doing that reduces the effective length of the platform.

My older 2003 model had an even shorter wheelbase so would have been more of a squeeze.

The Superb looks to be the canines gonads in that respect.
 ross 11 Sep 2015
In reply to Kemics:

Hiya, My wife and I regularly sleep in the back of our 2008 Octavia. It's flat with the levelling kit, which you could easily make yourself. I'm 6ft. There is noticeably more room than the A4 and Focii we've had previously.

Cheers, Ross.
 DancingOnRock 11 Sep 2015
In reply to Kemics:

It's bloody huge. I had one on extended test drive. Found it a bit 'wallowy' to drive.

Go to your local dealer and ask to try it. I asked all sorts of daft questions. I bet you wouldn't be the first. It's an obvious use for an estate.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...