UKC

cheap accommodation Morzine

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bob Hughes 12 Sep 2015
does anyone know of any cheap accommodation in Morzine? I'm thinking along the lines of that cheap place in Chamonix with a good pub who's name escapes me right now

(just remembered... the Vagabond)

any suggestions welcome
 gethin_allen 13 Sep 2015
In reply to Bob Hughes:
Have a look at jolly good alpine adventures (sounds daft I know) if you are looking for a bid to low budget place in morzine. It's run by a bloke called Martin and they have a chalet there that does room only/half board with a pub bolted on the side.
I've been there 3 times and they've always been good although it's been a while since I was there last.

They have bike storage too and offer transfers from nearby airports like Geneva.
Post edited at 12:05
 andy 13 Sep 2015
In reply to gethin_allen: Think he's stopped doing it now - looks like they just do self-catering places.

gethin_allen 13 Sep 2015
In reply to andy:

From this summer, that's a shame. By no means was it luxury but it was comfortable enough and the people and very importantly the chef was good.
Thinking about it, it was 17 years ago the first time we visited so Martin is probably thinking about retirement by now.
OP Bob Hughes 13 Sep 2015
In reply to gethin_allen:

that would be perfect - but it looks like they've stopped doing catering and they only rent out for a week at a time (i'm going for 4 - 5 days). It's a good shout, though.

Thanks.

aligibb 22 Sep 2015
In reply to Bob Hughes:

Hotel Aubergade, super friendly and good location. Not exactly sure of prices but think they are pretty reasonable.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...